I am no longer "morbidly" obese! (NSV?)

Options
I decided to celebrate breaking though to the next level with an all-new ticker image! Check it out below!

I started my journey at 410lbs, which on my 5' 11" frame classified me as "SUPER OBESE" with a BMI greater than 57! :sad:

Seven months ago I broke into the 350's which put me in the "MORBIDLY OBESE" class. :cry:

This week my weight has finally been steady in the 280's, which means I am only "SEVERELY OBESE" now! :indifferent:

Soon I will just be plain old OBESE! I am so excited! :wink:

I don't know if you can classify this as a true NSV because a scale is required to calculate BMI, but oh well.

Either way I guess it's victory, even though I can't help but notice super obese sounds way cooler than severely obese... :huh: :laugh:

Replies

• shannongoneau
    shannongoneau Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I'd say thats an NSV! Its a step in the right direction, you got it through dedication. Congrats :)
  • JADEPH0EN1X
    JADEPH0EN1X Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I agree I'd class that as an NSV ! Well done !
  • suzyfj8
    suzyfj8 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    It is a NSV and you should be very proud of yourself keep you the amazing work :)
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    You are making remarkable progress. That is fantastic!
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Your hard work is paying off!
  • kzooprincess
    kzooprincess Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I think this is a major NSV! Congrats.
  • ambrosdm
    ambrosdm Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You have lost over 100 pounds - that's a victory, scale or no scale! Keep up the GREAT work!
  • _orlando
    Options
    Amazing progress, very well done!
  • karlschaeffer
    karlschaeffer Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Congratulations and keep up the good work!
  • Mongognom
    Mongognom Posts: 123
    Options
    Welcome to the land of the Obese, we throw awesome parties.
  • iggyboo93
    iggyboo93 Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on this wonderful milestone! Absolutely count this as NSV - check your blood pressure and blood sugar. If these numbers improved, that's another victory for you.
  • PeteWhoLikesToRunAlot
    Options
    Steady progress in the right direction. Well done.
  • SairahRose
    SairahRose Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!! Congrats on all the hard work :D
  • trainfan60
    Options
    It absolutely counts! You are doing amazing.
  • Quix82
    Quix82 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Amazing progress, Ryan!
  • MissSaturday
    MissSaturday Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Well done! Keep it up
  • rsjohnb
    rsjohnb Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    WOW buddy fantastic story congratulations!!!:happy:
  • Ryan__V
    Ryan__V Posts: 36
    Options
    ...check your blood pressure and blood sugar. If these numbers improved, that's another victory for you.

Unfortunately I don't have any hard numbers to compare too. I have a bad habit of only going to the doctor when sick or broken, so my blood pressure would always be in the borderline-high range. Except that one time when I had just re-fracture my humerus in a car accident. It was really high that day! (Might have something to do with the nurse arguing with me "How do you know you broke it?" Well, because I broke it six months ago, and I just broke it again! Now where is the doctor?!?!)

The last time I had bloodwork done (5 years ago?) my sugars were just OK, but they were only a couple points under what was considered high.

Remarkably I have always been a somewhat active fat guy and never had any health issues. I regret not taking more before pictures or getting a check-up prior to the weight loss. Once I get closer to the 250 mark I am planning on having a full physical and seeing what everything looks like!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! Definitely a NSV. If your ankles, knees and hips could talk, they would be shouting THANK YOU!!!!
  • lighteningjeanne855
    lighteningjeanne855 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    You definitely have accomplished an NSV.

Keep going on this Weight Loss Journey,
    you're doing great!

Best Wishes!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!