Shakeology or Body By Vi

Options
I have a hard time getting in veggies and a lot of my foods. I noticed Shakeology has a lot of good wholesome foods. That are very good for you. But that it is also cost $129 a month which I can afford but still $129. Then I looked at Body By Vi which looks the same as shakeology but not sure on that but that is only $50 a month.

I know a lot of you will say oh just eat whole foods it easy. Well maybe for you but not for me.

I also looked at herbalife but not sure.

Any help on these two products? Anyone out there taken them or know someone who has? What were your or their results like?

Replies

• dfaulman
    Options
    Shakeology is far superior to body by vi. BBV uses sugar and SUCRALOSE a chemical sweetener, shakeology uses only sugar derived from natural sources. BBV has only 12 grams of protein in 2 scoops and it's soy protein which can be harmful to reproductive organs. Shakeology has 17g of protein in 1 scoop. Check out the full comparison here http://julieradon.wordpress.com/2012/10/18/body-by-vi-vs-shakeology/. Plus you could become a Beachbody coach and get a discount on their products. I can help you if you want just message me.
  • LadyBugLex17
    LadyBugLex17 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time getting in veggies and a lot of my foods. I noticed Shakeology has a lot of good wholesome foods. That are very good for you. But that it is also cost $129 a month which I can afford but still $129. Then I looked at Body By Vi which looks the same as shakeology but not sure on that but that is only $50 a month.

I know a lot of you will say oh just eat whole foods it easy. Well maybe for you but not for me.

I also looked at herbalife but not sure.

Any help on these two products? Anyone out there taken them or know someone who has? What were your or their results like?

Stay away from body by Vi. :sick:
    Yes, you lose weight fast, but the product is packed with artificial crap.
    Like @dfualman said! artificial sweetners and stay the h. e. double hockey sticks away from soy. it's used because its CHEAP. (and if the company knows about even 1 pound lost and you decide you do not want the products, you may NOT return them),

I've tried a shakeology shake onces, but didn't really like the taste. I have friends who couldn't stick to it because you have to replace your meals with the shakes. Between the two you have listed, I would say Shakeology.

Personally I joined the Zija International team as a distributor and take their products daily because of the "clean" aspect of their ingredients. Everything is plant based plus you get required nutrients from the Moringa. Added bonus for me was that I met the formulator and got to ask him questions personally :) I take the recovery protein shake as a meal replacement ONLY when I'm in a time pinch, but everyday as post workout.
    It's all supplementation/nutritional cleansing, working on changing your life and dropping weight for your lifetime. Instead of dropping weight fast and starving yourself only to gain the weight back once you stop taking the products. :happy:

The MOST important thing with any decision you make is read the labels! Good Luck! :drinker:
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    Shakeology is far superior to body by vi. BBV uses sugar and SUCRALOSE a chemical sweetener, shakeology uses only sugar derived from natural sources. BBV has only 12 grams of protein in 2 scoops and it's soy protein which can be harmful to reproductive organs. Shakeology has 17g of protein in 1 scoop. Check out the full comparison here http://julieradon.wordpress.com/2012/10/18/body-by-vi-vs-shakeology/. Plus you could become a Beachbody coach and get a discount on their products. I can help you if you want just message me.

Beachbody "Coaches" will always claim their product is better because they want to sell you something. Keep in mind that these "coaches" have no actual education in nutrition. They're nothing more than salesmen.

Save your money. Eat what you veggies you want, but don't sweat it too much. I eat very few fruits and vegetables due to intolerances. My physicals are always great and I feel no ill effects.
  • LadyBugLex17
    LadyBugLex17 Posts: 146 Member
    Options

Beachbody "Coaches" will always claim their product is better because they want to sell you something. Keep in mind that these "coaches" have no actual education in nutrition. They're nothing more than salesmen.

Save your money. Eat what you veggies you want, but don't sweat it too much. I eat very few fruits and vegetables due to intolerances. My physicals are always great and I feel no ill effects.

I definitely can see where you're coming from if you're not a coach/distributor. I have become more aware of ingredients etc since becoming a Zija Distributor.

No, I do not have the education etc, but I have taken the time to read the labels and look up ingredients. It' pretty simple to do. Before Zija the only supplements I ever took were fat burners (Oxyelite Pro and GNC womans' active vitamins that came with more caffeine pills) those both landed me in the ER getting a scan of my brain because I had such terrible pain. Clearly that left me very weary of trying anything else.

For some people it's not as easy as "eat your fruits and veggies" otherwise we wouldn't be here to lose weight/get fit. I think that supplements have and will continue to be a great way to help people get to their goals.

Everyone, just read your labels before putting the products into your body.

:smile:
  • amie709
    amie709 Posts: 99
    Options
    I drink my shakeology every single day as part of my new healthy bealanced eating and fitness lifestyle (except this week cause my shipment is late :( ). I love it. I've lost 77 lbs. since April 14, 2013 and I have had no plateaus-not once. And I am a Beachbody Coach. And I didn't become one to sell Shakeology I became one because i believe in the fitness programs and the shakeology so much that I want to stand behind it!!
  • dfaulman
    Options
    Amie709 awesome job on the weightloss!! I too drink my shakeology every day. I love it. It gives me back my energy that I don't have anymore. There are so many success stories out there and I truly believe in the product. Oh and skylark74 , just like ladybuglex17, I may not have a background in nutrition but I do know how to read labels and that's all it takes to compare these two.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options

This. Eat real food: you can hit your macros and micros without pricey shakes. Don't get caught up in the hype.
  • ThriceBlessed
    ThriceBlessed Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I am a beachbody coach, I became one in order to get a discount on products and to help people.

I do believe shakeology is superior, and I like the taste of the chocolate. However, I also feel your best bet is REAL food as a basis and IF you use a shake of any kind, use it as a supplement, not a replacement for eating vegetables.

Shakeology is a good supplement. I sometimes use it as a part of a healthy meal or as a healthy snack. It is not necessary to have it be your only source of nutrition for a meal. For example, sometimes I will use it for breakfast, but in addition to the shake powder I'll add to the blender almond milk (or regular milk), some cottage cheese (it liquefies in the blender so it isn't noticeable), and some fruit. So while I may be replacing a meal with a "shake" the shake has a lot of real food in it, its not JUST the shake mix and water or milk.

Of course, if I have it as a snack instead of a meal, I won't add so much to it because I have to pay attention to total calories.

So, while some are saying that a beachbody coach will always tell you to get shakeology, THIS beachbody coach is telling you that it is best to eat a healthy diet, get plenty of exercise, watch your total calorie intake and your macros, and if you WANT to add a shake as supplement, choose one with natural, quality ingredients, shakeology is ONE possible choice that meets that criteria, there are probably others, but Body by Vi is not one of them.