Could someone check my diary?

Options
I have just opened up my diary to public for a bit, just to ask advise. If some of you could just check and let me know if it looks okay? Or should I maybe get a few more elliptical trainer minutes in to work a bit of what I eat off?

Replies

• socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    I have just opened up my diary to public for a bit, just to ask advise. If some of you could just check and let me know if it looks okay? Or should I maybe get a few more elliptical trainer minutes in to work a bit of what I eat off?

I have no idea what you are eating.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Assuming your goal is weight loss, what you're doing for right now looks good. For any other goal however tweaks would need to be made.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Extremely low intake, most days seems around 500-1000 net calories. Need to eat a whollle lot more, assuming your exercise calories are correct.
  • XstitchCarina
    XstitchCarina Posts: 55 Member
    Options

I have no idea what you are eating.

No, lol that is because some of the things I put in Dutch. But that shouldn't matter, should it? It's the calories and such intake.
  • XstitchCarina
    Options
    Assuming your goal is weight loss, what you're doing for right now looks good. For any other goal however tweaks would need to be made.

Yes, my goal is weight loss. Thanks for looking.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    If anything, you could be eating a bit more. You need to fuel your body, and you are creating quite a large calorie deficit. MFP already gives you a moderate deficit, so you can back your exercise calories. You should be eating at least some of them.

It might not affect you now, but as you get closer to your goal, please consider eating back most of your exercise calories.
  • XstitchCarina
    Options
    Extremely low intake, most days seems around 500-1000 net calories. Need to eat a whollle lot more, assuming your exercise calories are correct.

My intake isn't 500 to 1000 calories a day?? I am usually around 1200 to 1500. I use the elliptical about half an hour a day and some sit-ups and push-ups, all logged in with Runtastic.
  • XstitchCarina
    Options
    If anything, you could be eating a bit more. You need to fuel your body, and you are creating quite a large calorie deficit. MFP already gives you a moderate deficit, so you can back your exercise calories. You should be eating at least some of them.

It might not affect you now, but as you get closer to your goal, please consider eating back most of your exercise calories.

Okay, thanks. So I am too low now? Wow. I have already understood that some people say you have to eat back what you exercise, but others say don't. So, I probably have to spend time to research that a bit more.
  • emilyisbonkers
    emilyisbonkers Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I only looked at today, and I can't read the dutch, but maybe add more fruit and veg?
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

Okay, thanks. So I am too low now? Wow. I have already understood that some people say you have to eat back what you exercise, but others say don't. So, I probably have to spend time to research that a bit more.

In my opinion, you could be eating more. When you exercise, if you subtract the burned calories from the calories you consume, that gives you the net calories that Dope was talking about. Assuming your calorie burns are accurate, you aren't really leaving your body much to work with.

Calorie burns are always an estimate, so some people, to be safe, will eat back half of their exercise calories. That way, you are still maintaining a calorie deficit, but making sure you are getting enough energy from your food to stay strong and healthy.
  • XstitchCarina
    Options
    Okay, so for sure no more exercise today then, haha. In the dinner I had tonight there was veggies, and I had an apple. By chance I ahve some raw carrots still in the fridge, so will have some of those, I know there probably isn't a whole lot of calories in it, but I don't want to eat anything heavy so close for going to bed.

Thanks for helping.