Journey to weighing at least 180lbs, from 260lbs.

Options
Weigh at 260lbs last year October, weigh 233-235lbs by early December but due to family problems/stress gained 15lbs in 7 months after, weigh at 250lbs. Started exercising and eating better again and I am at 218lbs at the moment, I need to get to 180lbs and from there start working for muscle gain. Currently taking Oxy Elite Pro and Hyper FX with a good exercise and eating less and watching out for high calories. I'm 5'11 and I'm targeting at least 10lbs a month to lose. By December hopefully I'm at 200lbs and February I want to weight at 180lbs. I can't imagine weighing any less, I've seen people with my height and weighing at 130lbs 150lbs, not where I want to be at. My ultimate goal would be weighing at 220lbs but with muscle and more ripped than bulky. By the way, can't eat like I used to no more, when ever I start eating messy, I suffer stomach problems and any further I end up with an excruciating pain that last at least 3 hours, a pain I wish no one, not even an enemy should go through.

Replies

• joeflors
    Options
    For exercise I'm doing lifted manual trendmill for 45 mins so far, put some rock music and walk to its beat. Dragonforce, All That Remains, Red Hot Chili Peppers, pretty much music from Guitar Hero Video Game Series. Walks are from 4 to 5mph depending the songs. And do sudden bursts of jogging to running when I get really motivated. By the way, if anyone knows anything that helps burn more in the belly area and neck by all means let me know. Those are the 2 parts which I see slow in progression, unless thats normal and should be the last to lose. I have what you call beer belly appearance and I don't even drink no darn beer. I only drink once a year, Smirnoffs and that is during new years or Christmas.
  • emilyc85
    emilyc85 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey, it sounds like you have come a long way! The plan you are one now sounds like a pretty good one :) There is no way to specifically spot reduce a part of your body. When you say you are have problems with your neck, and stomach area, those are just going to be your problem areas that you will have to work at. There are, of course, exercises to help those areas, but you cant necessarily MAKE them go down. Adding an ab routine in with the walking is going to help reduce and firm that area up.

Good luck to you in your journey!
  • joeflors
    Options
    Thanks for the reply there, yes, my goal once I reach 180lbs of course is to do more muscular exercise to get a toner body. My brother told me I could start right now but having to gain muscle and lose fat at the same time will probably make myself lose confidence since I won't be seeing much of a weigh change, you know, the "scale". They say to wait on doing sit ups and crunches until you lose more belly fat because building muscle in your abs will make your belly look more thicker, lol. I may do some light bicep workout and push ups maybe, to increase chest buildup to make the belly look less. I shall keep tabs and be replying when I see more results in my body. Once I get to 180lbs I'll post a before and after picture too. From 260lbs to 180lbs.
  • emilyc85
    emilyc85 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Fair enough :) Another thing you might consider is progress photos then. They are super helpful when you dont think you are getting anywhere, also take measurements! If the scale doesn't move, you will have those measurements and photos to remind of how great you are doing.

Good luck!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Hang in there and continue on your health journey. You have a good attitude.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!