Vegetarians Wanted

Options
I have been vegetarian for over 10 years now. However, it's far from a healthy diet. I feel like I fall into the vegetarian junk food category. I am looking for MFP friends with open diaries (vegetarian or vegan) to help me with this change in diet. I'm not looking for criticism but instead I'm looking for ideas of how other veggies eat on a daily basis. = )

Replies

• Humanemeats
    Options
    Hey girl you can take a peak at mine. I'm vegan and I strive for a macro ratio of 80/10/10 (carbs/fat/protein) however allow for a fluctuation between that and 60/20/20. I primarily get my carbs from fruit but I do include cooked foods like squash and potatoes and occasionally brown rice. I don't use any oil and typically only consume overt fats at one meal a day (for example a few nuts at breakfast or half an Avacado at dinner). The best I've ever felt was 100% raw but eating some cooked is easiest for my lifestyle. I also don't eat any refined foods (sugars, flours, etc. - I actually have an intolerance to gluten) and typically no processed foods with the exception of daiya because it's just delicious. But I limit that and usually stick to whole foods only. Let me know if you have any questions if you take a peak!
  • gigglesinthesun
    gigglesinthesun Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I am still trying to figure that out myself. I have been a vegetarian for 2 months due to medical reasons, so I have been making lots of stirfrys and salads. I also made some bean chili, some veggie laksa, veggie curries and various dhals. My main problem is actually that I am also allergic to soy and tree nuts, so I am struggling a bit with the protein requirements. Good luck and remember one meal at the time :-)
  • Flabulousss
    Options
    My diet isn't always great either. I'd love to eat more raw veg but I'm poor and lazy. Why not just find some simple recipes you can do? I eat pretty basic... Like today I had sliced cucumber on toasted wheat with vegan cream cheese & dill weed. I'm pretty sure the original recipe was more complicated but the lazy woman's version was just as good. lol Oh and a side of grape tomatoes. Eating plain veggies is always a great filler!