Questions for BeachBody Coaches

Options
Amy_B
Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
I am on the fence about becoming a coach under my friend, who just became a coach. Please sell me on this.

Is it really possible to make money and not be a great salesperson? What are the average earnings?

How do you get the word out there personally? Facebook, Twitter, etc.?

If I decide after a few months that it isn't working for me, is it easy to stop being a coach?

Anything else to help me make my decision?

Replies

• Amy_B
    Options
    Wow. I know there are a ton of BB coaches on here...
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Hey Amy,

I think you will find that a lot (not all) of BB Coaches will stay away from this topic for a few reasons. 1) They have nothing to gain from it, because you state that you are joining under your friend. 2) Coming out and saying you are a BB Coach on here has become sort of a bad thing.

For me becoming a BB coach was and is the best thing I have ever done. Have a I made a ton of money? No, but that is no one's fault but my own. I have been with BB since Feb of 2008 and I would say I have made a small profit. If you are what I like to call a center of influence among your friends, then you should have no problem building a team. I use several online methods to build my team. Unfortunately because of my past experiences with NWM, my friends and family don't want to hear what I have to say.

With all of that said, I love what I do and wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

Hope this helps,
    Stu
  • Amy_B
    Options
    Thanks, Stu! I figured that since I said I was going under another coach, I wouldn't get too many replies.

I think I am going to see how my friend does and then decide for myself. I know I'll have to pay the start up costs, but that's okay.

Thanks again!
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    I'm not a BB Coach....seriously thinking of doing P90X though. From what I understand there is a $14.95/month fee to be a coach, so if you don't think you can make AT LEAST that much (or save at least that much on your own products), then it might not be worth it to become a coach.....

just a thought
  • MrOutfit
    Options
    I agree with Stooooo, on everything he said. I am a Coach as well, and do not regret the decision at all. I have made profits but nothing to quit my day job ;). Its really a group of people helping people, becoming a coach is great even if all you want is the discounts from Beachbody. None of their programs suck, they all get you in shape, and you look great at the end. Just look at INSANITY :). As for the "marketing", it is true when they say you have to be a "product of the product", the way you look will be like a walking advertisement. You can stop being a Coach at anytime, you don't sign a contract like the Military or anything. I love it and if I was not making profit, I would still be a Coach just for the discount you get on everything, I buy all my stuff from Beachbody. Have a good day.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,737 Member
    Options
    Unless you have two personally sponsored "active" coaches (active means they generate 50 PV [roughly $50] every five weeks in sales, either by selling to their customers or by purchasing product themselves), it's not likely to be worth it financially. If you can get those coaches under you, and meet some other requirements, then BB will assign customers to you and you'll get a portion of any future purchases those customers make. There are some other perks to being a coach, namely the 25% discount on products. If you DO sign up as a coach, I'd recommend that you take advantage of the Showcase Pack that only coaches can buy. I don't consider myself much of a salesperson, and my experience has been that I've spent way more than I've made. That's not to say coaches can't make good money. I had high hopes of being one of those coaches, but it's pretty clear now that it's not going to be happening for me.
  • mrsworkinitout
    Options
    Unless you have two personally sponsored "active" coaches (active means they generate 50 PV [roughly $50] every five weeks in sales, either by selling to their customers or by purchasing product themselves), it's not likely to be worth it financially. If you can get those coaches under you, and meet some other requirements, then BB will assign customers to you and you'll get a portion of any future purchases those customers make. There are some other perks to being a coach, namely the 25% discount on products. If you DO sign up as a coach, I'd recommend that you take advantage of the Showcase Pack that only coaches can buy. I don't consider myself much of a salesperson, and my experience has been that I've spent way more than I've made. That's not to say coaches can't make good money. I had high hopes of being one of those coaches, but it's pretty clear now that it's not going to be happening for me.

Partly agree with you except I think it really depends on the COACH. How much you put in is how much you will get out. I went diamond in about 60 days...and no rank is not important to me. It is about training and retaining to me. If you don't know the biz you can't expect to be successful. Amy B. If you are interested in unsolicited advice then contact me. I don't care one way or another if you sign under you friend but i want you to be informed about beachbody! The company is great...the community is amazing and if you are willing to invest your time and efforts...you will be amazing!! Just help people...the success will come!
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I've been a coach for a year and a half. To be honest, I started coaching for two reasons: 1. I finally had my weightloss 'epiphany' when I found a program that actually WORKED because it included a well thought out nutrition plan that helped me totally revamp my eating habits and wanted to share my success/motivation/experience with others and 2. I wanted to drink Shakeology regularly and wanted the discount.

Fast forward 18 months...I can truthfully say that becoming a coach has been one of the best decisions I have ever made. I truly enjoy helping others on their own fitness journeys, and to me, that's what really being a coach is all about. I'm there when people are disgusted with themselves and want to quit, and am able to offer them assistance to keep pushing play. I'm also there when they meet their goals and are ecstatic about their progress. THAT is a great thing.

In addition, being a coach has really made me stay totally accountable to my own fitness goals. Because I am a 'product of the product' and I'm pushing others to reach their goals, I know that I, too, must do the same. I can't slack off...if I did, what kind of coach would I be? To me, a coach is knowledgeable about the fitness products, can answer questions about how the nutrition plans are laid out, but they are also great cheerleaders, motivators, and many are very willing to help you pull yourself up by your bootstraps when you just don't want to do it anymore. Coaches, by no means, are experts in fitness or nutrition. In fact, many coaches give out, what I think, is bad advice regarding modifications or diet.

Ask your sponsoring coach to send you the link to the 2009 .pdf file of coach earnings. From that, you'll see, on average, what a Coach, Emerald, Ruby, etc. coach makes. Also, make sure that you are part of a good downline of coaches. The training you receive (other than that offered by corporate) will depend on the coaches above you. If your sponsoring coach has a great sponsoring coach that is willing to share ideas, that's definitely a bonus.

You may also find along the way that your experiences as a coach pushing you to open new doors. I've fallen so in love with fitness and nutrition that I'm currently studying for my A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer certification. I don't know what I will do with it, but I simply wanted more knowledge to use in my role as 'coach.'
  • Amy_B
    Options
    I've been a coach for a year and a half. To be honest, I started coaching for two reasons: 1. I finally had my weightloss 'epiphany' when I found a program that actually WORKED because it included a well thought out nutrition plan that helped me totally revamp my eating habits and wanted to share my success/motivation/experience with others and 2. I wanted to drink Shakeology regularly and wanted the discount.

Fast forward 18 months...I can truthfully say that becoming a coach has been one of the best decisions I have ever made. I truly enjoy helping others on their own fitness journeys, and to me, that's what really being a coach is all about. I'm there when people are disgusted with themselves and want to quit, and am able to offer them assistance to keep pushing play. I'm also there when they meet their goals and are ecstatic about their progress. THAT is a great thing.

In addition, being a coach has really made me stay totally accountable to my own fitness goals. Because I am a 'product of the product' and I'm pushing others to reach their goals, I know that I, too, must do the same. I can't slack off...if I did, what kind of coach would I be? To me, a coach is knowledgeable about the fitness products, can answer questions about how the nutrition plans are laid out, but they are also great cheerleaders, motivators, and many are very willing to help you pull yourself up by your bootstraps when you just don't want to do it anymore. Coaches, by no means, are experts in fitness or nutrition. In fact, many coaches give out, what I think, is bad advice regarding modifications or diet.

Ask your sponsoring coach to send you the link to the 2009 .pdf file of coach earnings. From that, you'll see, on average, what a Coach, Emerald, Ruby, etc. coach makes. Also, make sure that you are part of a good downline of coaches. The training you receive (other than that offered by corporate) will depend on the coaches above you. If your sponsoring coach has a great sponsoring coach that is willing to share ideas, that's definitely a bonus.

You may also find along the way that your experiences as a coach pushing you to open new doors. I've fallen so in love with fitness and nutrition that I'm currently studying for my A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer certification. I don't know what I will do with it, but I simply wanted more knowledge to use in my role as 'coach.'
    Thanks! I think I might try it out sometime in the next few months when I have some time to get it all started. :smile:
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,737 Member
    Options

Partly agree with you except I think it really depends on the COACH. How much you put in is how much you will get out. I went diamond in about 60 days...and no rank is not important to me. It is about training and retaining to me. If you don't know the biz you can't expect to be successful. Amy B. If you are interested in unsolicited advice then contact me. I don't care one way or another if you sign under you friend but i want you to be informed about beachbody! The company is great...the community is amazing and if you are willing to invest your time and efforts...you will be amazing!! Just help people...the success will come!
    I think you're right about getting out of it what you put into it. When I first joined as a coach, I did it with the idea of making myself more accountable and the hope that I could make a little money in the process. I already work from home as a freelance copy editor/proofreader, so my flexible schedule made it pretty easy for me to try it out. What I learned about myself was that I wasn't any more or less accountable to myself as a coach than I was as a noncoach. I also was reminded of the fact that I REALLY am not a salesperson. So while I love some of the Beachbody products and have no trouble singing their praises, I have zero desire to spend time building a business. I did have a couple of active personally sponsored coaches for a while — so personally sponsored that I was covering their expenses AND buying the 50 PV of product from each of them every month in order to qualify to have BB give me customers. That was not one of my most brilliant ideas. I figured I'd do that until I could grow the business enough, but I never did. Oops. :tongue: So I'm not sponsoring those coaches anymore, and I no longer qualify to have customers assigned to me. So far, the customers I do have cover my current expenses, although I'll never recoup the money I invested. I'm a bit of an introvert, which is why I love working from home and doing my workouts at home. To grow a Beachbody team and mentor coaches under me would require me to change my lifestyle in ways that aren't worth it to me. That doesn't mean it couldn't be a perfect fit for somebody else. I don't want anybody to think I'm knocking Beachbody coaching. I'm just sharing what my experience has been, and that's why I'd recommend someone at least have a couple of people lined up who are interested in signing up as coaches if they're doing this for the money-making potential. If all they want to do is help people, they can do that already. I know my coach's coach has been tremendously successful, and if one of my customers expressed an interest in coaching, I'd hook them up with her so that they could get the proper training, because I can't teach someone to be successful at something I haven't been able to do. That said, I still love my Slim Series workouts and am happy to share with anyone, customer or not, my knowledge of the Beachbody products. And I'll still do that if I decide to give up the coaching.

Sorry that was so long, but I hope it better explained my earlier comments. :smile:
  • fivesilentmiles
    fivesilentmiles Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    bump to read later.
  • joseacolon
    joseacolon Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am not a coach, haven't finished my p90x yet.

As a former network marketing person, I have to say that if you do it for the money, you might quit before getting started. p90x works., period.

As I can see, if you use their products, and are active blogging and with your accountability checks on the forums, you will build your sphere of influence, people will follow you, and you can make money.

It is all up to you.