another cheat day post

Options
2»

Replies

• elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    look at it as balance. don't take a day and pig out.. if you go over your calories for a a day.. just add cardio in the following days or cut 200 calories for af ew days..and "balance" it out. This is how skinny people do it! haha.
  • glitterstreet
    Options
    I'm still in a 1000 calorie deficit for the week so I am not too worried. I am just not going to weigh myself tomorrow!
  • glitterstreet
    Options
    Maybe I have the wrong mentality, but if you want something and make a choice to eat it, imho, it is not cheating, it is making a choice. We all make choices about what we eat,when we eat, every day of our lives. We should be learning how to eat in a way which will allow us to maintain our weight when we get where we want to be!! Having something we want, isn't cheating, it is making a choice!!! If you can think of it this way, you may be able to have that snack sized chocolate, or one donut, or one scoop of ice cream, on a regular basis!! That way, you are making the choice to eat what you want, within healthy limits!!

Glad you enjoyed your day and I hope this doesn't sound 'judgie' as this is not what I am trying to convey/ I eat plenty of stuff that is unhealthy, in limits, when I choose to!!! I have been at this since March and so far it is working for me!!! I don't however, eat entire bags of cadbury mini eggs in 2 days, or 8 mini chocolate bars in one day, lol.
    Don't worry, posting on a public forum and not expecting to be 'judged' would be like expecting the sun not to rise in the morning. I am really glad that system is working for you, one day I hope to be able to do the same thing but I can't have any junk around because I will just cave and eat more. I also feel mentally more prepared if I eat 'clean' (whatever that means) 90% of the time and leaving what the 10% is to allocated cheat days that are still within limits. I expect the last 9 pounds will take about 4 months to loose and I sometimes I need the mental and physical break. Good luck :)
  • glitterstreet
    Options
    look at it as balance. don't take a day and pig out.. if you go over your calories for a a day.. just add cardio in the following days or cut 200 calories for af ew days..and "balance" it out. This is how skinny people do it! haha.

I am currently testing the weekly calorie allocation method, I hope it works out okay. Haha.
  • Jenifer_Duron
    Options
    Sometimes we all need a little change which makes us feel good. Don't make your diet so hard, just eat healthy and feel good. I'm glad to see someone like you being very honest and sincere with yourself, so you can have a cheat day or a single cheat meal often. Don't be so conscious while cheating; eat whatever you like to have. Make sure that's not much harmful. And then come back to healthy eating! :)
  • BethAPerry25Nala
    BethAPerry25Nala Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am having a cheat day this weekend,my daughter is celebrating her birthday and I made cupcakes and we are taking her out for dinner tomorrow night. So back to the plan on Monday!
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    I have decided I shall go ahead with my plan and keep an eye on the scales afterwards to evaluate the damage and see how long it takes to get back to normal (129 pounds). I am going to try my best to enjoy it. I really appreciate everyone's input. My reason for going ahead is that I feel that it will keep me motivated to loose the last 9 pounds :)

Just try not to worry about the scale for the few days afterwards. I ate a lot of high calorie and sodium foods, along with lots of alcohol this past Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. Weds I was up 7lbs, but it's all gone now. I just drank a lot of water to help get rid of water retention from sodium. So I certainly did not gain and lose 7lbs of fat in less than a week!
  • Love4fitnesslove4food2
    Options
    I'm still in a 1000 calorie deficit for the week so I am not too worried. I am just not going to weigh myself tomorrow!

How about waiting a full 5-7 days before you weigh yourself again?
  • glitterstreet
    Options
    I weighed myself and I haven't gained anything. Weird...
  • glitterstreet
    Options
    Sometimes we all need a little change which makes us feel good. Don't make your diet so hard, just eat healthy and feel good. I'm glad to see someone like you being very honest and sincere with yourself, so you can have a cheat day or a single cheat meal often. Don't be so conscious while cheating; eat whatever you like to have. Make sure that's not much harmful. And then come back to healthy eating! :)

Cheers!
  • Flabulousss
    Options
    I see nothing wrong with having a day off if you're thinking about the math. Not everyone has trouble with binging. I don't, but I still like to have my favorite high calorie foods on occasion (cheese pizza with dark beer, and dark chocolate for desert?? Yum!) and keeping it all within budget would leave me really hungry because it would seem so small! I'd have to toss half my beer out. lol (My favorite is about 300 cals.) I just can't do it, and don't want to. I'd rather have a crazy day then make up for it the next. Whatever makes you happy while keeping you on target, imo... Not everyone's the same, and not every day has to be the same for everyone.