need more motivating friends :)

Options
I've been here a little while.. I do very well counting calories and logging in, I lose weight and bam! I stop logging, I stop counting calories, I overeat and I gain.. HELP ME PLEASE! !!!!!

I had to force myself and make some kind of a goal I will stick to so here it is... 90 day countdown I want 50 lbs GONE.. this ought to be interesting! :)

ADD ME!

Replies

• Fattygasted
    Fattygasted Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hey we are already mfp friends, but i wanted to run something by you as I found myself in the same situation you are in. I have read so many books, listened to so many theories, but I realized one thing to be true...I often eat when I am not hungry and I had to learn to listen to my body. I had to learn how I felt not to be stuff but rather satiated and it is at this point I know to stop. I have a serious sweet tooth and mind, but I always remind myself of the way I feel after eating those sweets (tired and cranky) and I know that I don't want to go there so I don't choose to eat that stuff but once in a while. I know that they say that logging and journaling are best when you are making the choice to change your eating habits, but what good does it do if you are not being in tuned with your body and how it reacts to food, what your triggers are and why you overeat. I have learned that there are foods that I eat and crave because I am tired, there are certain foods I crave when I am under pressure, and certain foods I crave when I am bored. I have learned to quit eating while watching TV and to balance my plate when I eat. If I am hungry for seconds, I go for a balanced plate again and not just one thing. In other words, I have learned to be very conscientious about how and what I eat and why I am eating. If I am not truly hungry and I just want to munch, as weird as it sounds I have found that chamomile tea with a splash of almond milk unsweetened does the trick. If you ever want to message me and just talk about what your difficulties are, I am here for you as that is the best I can offer motivation wise. Don't beat yourself up and don't do anything drastic about losing weight because it will back fire, just take it one day at a time and be mindful of all you do. No fad dieting is required, just good living and awareness.
  • RoseBlossom29
    RoseBlossom29 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I completely agree.
  • Hollywoodgoonette
    Options
    U can add me I need friends
  • ChildofBloom
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm new here. I've been trying to get fit for over a year now. Since gallbladder surgery, I just needed to make a change. But I've been hardcore about my working out the past 6 months. And I've lost not a dang thing! It's really frustrating me. I feel you on the sense of urgency of wanting the weight gone NOW! But 90 days seems awfully fast to lose that much. Not saying it can't be done. I know people can do amazing things. I also know that if it comes off that quick it can come back on too. I'm still trying to find my balance. Getting my own stuff together. I feel like I do the right things for awhile but no results come after weeks or months so I sneak in a little eating out here and some sodas begin to creep in there. Before I know it, it's every weekend on the fast food, and soda everyday. I'm beginning to journal the stuff and it's shocking me, the whole calories thing. I eat veggies, chicken, and fish most of the time. But the 400 cals for a soda! It's adding up to be more than I eat in a day. Jeesh! So in closing, I'm not sure what I can offer you other than hang in there. And I understand what you're going through in my own way. I'm fighting for a 30lb drop by Christmas. It's not end all be all if it doesn't happen. I just would like to see the scale move. I just want to get below 200 at some point in my near future! I'm tired of feeling like a hamster whirring away for nothing. If you'd like to add me, that'd be great. I'm all for a motivating exchange. If not, cool, good luck on your journey! :-)
  • yellowmirror
    Options
    @fattygasted.. yes we are friends .. and you are a great mfp friend to me! I do so good for a time.. be it a week or month .. then cravings set in, specifically, a certain brand of ice cream. Then I tell myself, no I don't need that.. but at some point the cravings take over and I say well, I'll just have a scoop or 2.. and that would be fine, but I do not stop there.. I need to get things under control! Thanks for all your support!

@ChildofBloom. I agree, 90 days 50 lbs is a lot.. I think as I typed that I was just setting such a big goal that if I lose 30 lbs.. well, I'd be very happy with that..lol.. also, I think maybe if I set the bar high for myself it will train my brain to keep on fighting to meet the goal.. well, we shall see : ) The calorie thing shocked me too.. how very quickly they add up.. oh my... and I know what you mean about the soda alone it's awful.. and I think many people don't realize how much is in soda! I will add you thanks :)

@Hollywoodgoon - friend request sent, thanks!
  • aimeemarie150
    aimeemarie150 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    add me if you'd like! :)
  • theredfro
    theredfro Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me everyone - I'm a motivating machine with cheesy quotes ;) always happy to talk fitness and nutrition and motivation.