5:2 Diet anyone tried it?

Options
Hi there

Has anyone tried the 5{2 diet? I have 50lbs of post pregnancy weight to lose have the book but not had chance to read up yet, would love to hear any comments and friends adds for motivation and advice!!!!! New to all of this and as baby poorly need something quick and easy was contemplating meal replacement shakes that I can get ready and take when out at hospital and doctors, I'm in the UK so would need to beable to buy over here.

Thanks and have a fab weekend everyone!!

Replies

• Flabulousss
    Options
    There is a 5:2 group with lots of members sharing their success. I've had weekly losses of about a pound a week doing it properly (and not overeating,) which is healthy for me.
  • SusieT2013
    Options
    Thanks ever so much going to start reading book now , sounds pretty simple , was either that or Atkins shakes only thing is having first baby ( 3 weeks old) was bit bad time not allowed to exercise or even go for long walks for another 6 weeks so need diet that's quick and easy to do plus gained over 50 lbs never been so big and really upsetting me as weight just not shifting yet and struggling as with him being poorly and being at doctors and hospitals hard to do diet where you have to prepare. My fiancé is dead against me using shakes though!!

Thanks SO much for the advice really appreciate it will look got the groups now .
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    http://www.52fastdiet.co.uk/

nothing special to buy, just eat 500 cals two days a week and "sensibly" (ie TDEE or maintenance) the other 5 days.
  • sheebs12
    Options
    I'm just getting started with my fitness again and wanted to try the 5.2 diet too!
    I'll add you on MFP if that's ok?
  • hollygparr
    hollygparr Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Yep been doing it since april
  • ExxxyBeast123
    Options
    yep, lost over a stone in 5 weeks on it so going well so far.
  • perrinjoshua
    perrinjoshua Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have. I love it and am now on maintenance doing a 6:1. I started in April 2013. Add me if you would like another 5:2 friend and Holly above is amazing!