Options
exlazygirl
exlazygirl Posts: 16
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
I really wanna try it because it's supposed to stop sugar cravings

Replies

• itsgonnabeit
    Options
    actually i'm counting sugar and carbs too (this website is really helpful), but sometimes i eat more sugar than i need, just because i reaaaallllly want it. still, im in my calorie goal, and usually im under my carbs goal. the main problem is the protein and the sugar, but im trying very hard not to overstep those. athough my opinion, if you observe the quantities you are supposed to, you wont feel craving for sugar that much, so you will be able to resist.
  • Ainar
    Ainar Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Only thing that has stopped my sugar cravings was stopping eating actual sugar. Carbs doesn't do it for me, eating or not eating they have no effect on me personally. But carbs from sugar has. Also when I ate sugar I not only want more sugar but also I get hungry for anything. So just don't ate sugar anymore. Decrease slowly every day, ya know, kinda like detoxing from drugs. Now I get it in small amounts and natural sugars, t°hen I'm fine.

Anyhow, you can try it, won't make any harm. Might help for some I suppose. We all have different bodies so who knows, it might work for you.
  • amie709
    amie709 Posts: 99
    Options
    I track my calories, carbs and protein
  • AdrianBry
    AdrianBry Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    it's usually the simple carbs (the unprocessed fatty, sugary & salty foods we love) that cause cravings. comlex carbs or healthy foods don 't cause so much cravings (if any)
  • DonaA123
    DonaA123 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    bump
  • dschooli
    dschooli Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad to be able to share my own struggles as well as hear about your successes and pain points!!!
  • penguin1975
    Options
    I have to count carbs; I'm a Type 1 diabetic. :) I monitor every macro very carefully.

I never craved sweets before being diagnosed, and I still don't, so I can't directly speak to whether counting carbs has any effect on helping with that issue.
  • dschooli
    dschooli Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!
  • cindyellis9404
    cindyellis9404 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Counting Carbs works for allot of people. It also helps regulate blood sugar since you arent getting any sugar. I am hypoglycemic and counting carbs is good, how ever counting overall calories works better for me. Counting carbs limits the variety of foods you may have while allowing you to eat more. Counting calories allows you to eat what ever you would like in proportion. best of luck to you.
  • mybetterday
    Options
    I've got a wicked sweet tooth and can't be trusted with sugary delights. I tried keto--which is an extremely low carb eating style--and not only did I lose a decent amount of weight quickly, but my sugar cravings pretty much stopped.

And I was way less moody than normal, too.
  • ddky
    ddky Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I have lost weight in the past with only counting carbs, but I have a very hard time staying on that diet for a long period of time. It is just too restrictive. Not even being able to eat an apple is hard to get used to. But when I stay on it, I lose weight quickly.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    I just counted the 27g of carbs I ate from Southern Butter Pecan gelato and it was delicious.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Type 2 Diabetic here and track main macro's (Carbs,Proteins, and Fats) but Calorie counting pretty much goes hand and hand so that is my approach... I don't track sugar, sodium but do keep an eye on fiber.... Best of Luck
This discussion has been closed.