Looking for support and friends to guide me

Options
I'm Wendy, I'm 27 and am looking for friends and support in my lifestyle change. I have binge-eating disorder and I have recently reached over 100 kilos. This has scared me. It's time for me to take control of my bingeing at nights. I do personal training 3 times per week but my bingeing is inhibiting my weight loss. I am wondering if there is a binge-eating support group on here???
If anyone wants to add me as a friend that would be lovely. Thanks. :smile:

Replies

• pbluberry
    Options
    Hi Wendy. I also have the same problem. I'm what people call a hider eater. Last week I almost went to a OA (Overeaters Anonymous) meeting. I called for the information and then I was too embarassed to go. I'm still working up the courage to attend one of those meeting in the near future.
  • wendy19861
    Options
    I went to an OA meeting once but it's no longer running. It's a fantastic thing to go to. I felt like I belonged and you find your start to feel quite "normal."
  • Stardiva37
    Stardiva37 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I will support u
  • Smex36
    Smex36 Posts: 9
    Options
    I'm in a similar position... I've pretty much got hold of it now (except for odd days when I'm really upset) but I went through a period in college where I was doing it several times a week. I will support you :)
  • wendy19861
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I can't believe how many replies I've had in such a short time
  • l0l0p
    l0l0p Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I used to be a hider eater too! We can change for the better!:bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
  • camiah
    camiah Posts: 146
    Options
    Hi Wendy. I have struggled in the past with binge eating, which has left me with about 130 pounds to lose. I just restarted after trying out Weight Watchers (again. When will I ever learn), and could use some friends to encourage me and be supportive. FR sent.