i have to pee like crazy

Options
since ive started dieting and drinking more water instead of diet coke, i have to pee every 30 mins or so, and not just a little bit, LOADS. its not like im drinking tons of water, i just have to have a few sips before i have a massive pee 30 mins later. and i cant remember the last time i slept through the whole night. i get up 3-4 times a night now instead of maybe just once. what is going on?

Replies

• Sandigesha
    Sandigesha Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    During day its alright, but try not to drink 3 hours before going to sleep. Also, go to toilet just before going to sleep.
  • nikkiclaire123
    Options
    i get thristy before i sleep, and obvs i go before i do go to sleep, it would be dumb not to....
  • nelinelineli
    nelinelineli Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    It's highly unlikely you pee more than you drink, but yeah we all have issues with peeing a bit too often when we drink loads. You just get used to it:)
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    You're drinking too much. 8 glasses a day is just a figure that is made up a 300 pounds man is not going to need the same amount of water as a 120 pound woman. You also get water via your food as well. Your body has a very good method of telling you when you need more water it's called thirst. Be sensible with your water and don't jump into this silly drink your body weight in water bandwagon that goes on on mfp and other weight loss sites. The science doesn't back it up. It's important to stay hydrated but if you're going to the toilet too often your body doesn't want it school listen to your body.
  • toofatnomore
    toofatnomore Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Have you ever had your blood sugar checked? May be a coincidence but may be diabetes.
    I was having the same symptoms a few years back and checked my blood sugar on my moms machine who happened to be visiting...OFF the charts. If you also feel like you can't get enough to drink along with peeing it is something I would look at.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Have you ever had your blood sugar checked? May be a coincidence but may be diabetes.
    I was having the same symptoms a few years back and checked my blood sugar on my moms machine who happened to be visiting...OFF the charts. If you also feel like you can't get enough to drink along with peeing it is something I would look at.

Yes I'd be checking it but otherwise as the others said don't go overboard with water.. especially before bed.
  • astartig
    astartig Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Are you doing a keto diet by any chance (or one like it) if so that is normal for a keto diet. it acts as a diuretic.
  • maca416
    maca416 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I don't agree on a set amount of water per day you should drink, we are all different, so what I do is just look at the color of my pee if it's clear or very pale yellow then I know I'm getting enough water.

When I forced water down like we are told to, like you I was just going to pee so often it was hard to even plan a walk to the shops just 3 miles away because I just wanted to pee all the time. Check the color of your pee & spend a few weeks getting your water consumption right so you can sleep without getting up every 30mins for a wee & it does not mess your day up too much, you will pee more but not so much so that it makes you go every 30mins.
  • MariFitBody
    MariFitBody Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    U get use to it. I go every 20mins or so also. But everyone is different. Ive asked my Drs. and Im perfectly healthy...Thank God. I drink a whoooole lot because my body asks for it. Somedays not soo much. It depends on the workout I did the day before. But after 2 1/2 years Im sooo used to it that I dont even notice and it doesnt bother me. I work around it. If Im going out shopping or something I always carry a bottle and just take sips when Im thirsty. That way Im not n the bathroom all day. I don't drink before bed. I just always keep a bottle near the bed cuz I do wake up thirsty sometimes and I just take a sip. I take the train to and from work so I stop drinking water 2 hours before each trip. If I have to go jogging I stop drinking an hour before I go. If I'm doing cardio I stop an hour before but I keep a bottle near and take sips while working out. Ull find ur own way to work around it.
  • nikkiclaire123
    Options
    no, im not doing any kind of special diet, just eating healthy. i will check blood sugar levels tho, thanks
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    It's normal at first. It gets better. You don't really need that much water though, just need your pee to be clear pretty much. I have water all day and typically just have a sip every 5-10 minutes.