Results trusting the Fitbit One?

Options
2»

Replies

• GeekMeister
    GeekMeister Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Love my Fitbit Flex and I find it to be fairly accurate. Assuming you link your fitbit account to MFP sometimes I get weird calorie subtractions in the morning until I've done some steps...but other than that...it just needs to be close to keep my on my toes. Enjoy your new Fitbit!
  • kjmenser
    Options
    Love my fitbit flex, and is is accurate!
  • PeteWhoLikesToRunAlot
    Options
    I have a One. I like it. Looking at a low number is incentive to get up and walk the long way around the building for a coffee. That being said - I think it tends to over-estimate calorie burn. So much so that for a good amount of time, i had it unlinked from MFP because I think it gave me far too many "activity" calories.

I've recently re-linked it after updating my profiles to match exactly on both the Fitbit and MFP site. I still think it over-estimates, so I've set a very low target calorie total of 1210 on here. Having that number lower (from what was ~1500) seems to have helped, I've been able to break through the plateau and am feeling like I may be down more in the past week.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    I find that mine underestimates my calorie burn. I eat more than Fitbit says I burn, yet lose weight. And I know it does not take into account calories burned through strength training.
  • rhonderoo
    rhonderoo Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I have a One and use jsut my fitbit calories burned as my exercise calories since they are synced. I always end up with about 300 extra calories to use, than on MFP. That may be because I have MFP set for 1200, even though I eat back exercise calories. I may lower my calories on fitibit, because even though I get 10k a day average, I'm gaining and losing the same 5 - 8 lbs, esp on the weekend. :grumble:

I love the fitbit, though. It's a reality check for sure. And when I run, I can rack up some steps quickly, which encourages me to do it more. I wear it all day every day, even to sleep.
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    SleeplessinBerlin Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Does it make sense to get a FitBit without owning a smartphone? I've only got a middle-age-cell-phone...