Do i need to up my calories and fats?

Options
I can't help but think I'm really doing something wrong with my diet, I'm 18 years old so I'm an active teen male walking around 15,000-20,000 steps a day and I'm consuming 1550 calories and only 33g of fat, i haven't grown a single cm in a year now and I'm no longer losing much weight at all... what should i do? some web sites say teenagers need 3000 calories (who are as active as me) and 100g of fat? what should i do and what do you recommend? how can i add more fat into my diet? all i eat is brown rice/veg/oats/semi-skimmed milk/greek yogurt/rice cakes/peanut-butter/fruits. need some help please i want to grow and actually look my age.

Replies

• nelinelineli
    nelinelineli Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Double posts are against policy :)
  • bazzawood30
    bazzawood30 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Add some fish loads of protein for muscle growth and loads of healthy fat for joints etc.
  • changingmylife85
    Options
    apparently this guy needs some advice...that's what we're here for. Have you tried avocados, nuts, fish? Foods that are high in protein are usually high in the good fats. Don't be afraid to eat fat, without it you will not gain any muscle or lose any weight. add an extra 200 cals to your diet with the suggested foods. You're 18 years old!! What's your weight and your body fat? Try this: http://www.fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html maybe will give you more insight. Many sites also offer diet plans based on your #'s from the site above...Advice here at MFP can always be found :)
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    What is your weight and height and why are you dieting?

Your ticker says you want to lose two pounds, why?

Why are you restricting to 1550 cals - that's less than me, a 34 yr old woman who is 5'2.

Seriously you're an 18 yr old male - just eat all the food in bigger portions. Eat pizza there is nothing wrong with it. Stop restricting all the food.