Help - - Need ideas to get me losing again!!

Options
2»

Replies

• Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    I have been struggling with weight loss for over a year now and I am currently down 47 pounds. This has been extremely hard for me to lose. I admit I have cheated a little throughout the time but not very much to the extent that it caused weight gain. I am basically thinking of going on a lower carb (not eliminating it) and higher protein diet but the problem is I am a full time student with a girl of 7 years also to look after and time is of the essence. Im just wondering if you have any ideas as regards what I can do to start losing consistently again as it is demotivating to see such little progress....maybe ideas on quick meals that will keep me full but not high in carb or fat and/or anything at all you feel might be of use to men...I appreciate any insight at all..

Maybe you need to start with basics, like logging your food. It is next to impossible to know how much one eats if you don't log. You also don't know how much you cheat. And by just eyeballing things stuff happens like it's happening to you right now. I know you are very busy and probably think you don't have the time to log. But if you don't have those 10 minutes, you also won't have/make the time to cook special meals.
    My advise: set yourself a reasonable calorie goal and start logging so you can stay within the limits.....I am sure the scale will move.
    Good Luck !
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    I have been struggling with weight loss for over a year now and I am currently down 47 pounds. This has been extremely hard for me to lose. I admit I have cheated a little throughout the time but not very much to the extent that it caused weight gain. I am basically thinking of going on a lower carb (not eliminating it) and higher protein diet but the problem is I am a full time student with a girl of 7 years also to look after and time is of the essence. Im just wondering if you have any ideas as regards what I can do to start losing consistently again as it is demotivating to see such little progress....maybe ideas on quick meals that will keep me full but not high in carb or fat and/or anything at all you feel might be of use to men...I appreciate any insight at all..

Maybe you need to start with basics, like logging your food. It is next to impossible to know how much one eats if you don't log. You also don't know how much you cheat. And by just eyeballing things stuff happens like it's happening to you right now. I know you are very busy and probably think you don't have the time to log. But if you don't have those 10 minutes, you also won't have/make the time to cook special meals.
    My advise: set yourself a reasonable calorie goal and start logging so you can stay within the limits.....I am sure the scale will move.
    Good Luck !

This. You need to weigh all your food and log it, otherwise it's total guesswork how much you are eating. I'm guessing, probably too much.

But losing 1-2 lbs at a time then stalling is normal though, weight loss isn't linear, heck I gain 2 lbs every month, but it's water weight and goes away within a week.
  • reddevil29
    reddevil29 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Thank you all ye have been very helpful...I like the idea of the cooler bag, didnt think of that....As regards the salad, I do eat salad and enjoy it but a lot of it is from a jar which is not good either...I have been logging my food just not on mfp as I have no access to it during the day while at college so instead I write things down as I go :-)
  • ardithann5
    ardithann5 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi RedDevil don't cheat yourself that is a goal for failure.. enjoy your food eat well but less.. as I get older I eat less.. but with my hubby ill I sit and watch him and don't have enough exercise.. crossing my fingers for you.. find a couple of good cook books and do the little foods that hit your fancy for vegs fruits and pasta.. enjoy but eat less... and do eat before 6 in the evening and take a walk for 30 minutes.. it helps really... go Team Go...
  • AlyssaNewtons
    Options
    I m on the body by vi I love that they have it as a meal on here... Im losing 1 a day over 20 pounds in 2 weeks drinking delicious shakes twice a day! Add me and ibox me