looking for friends

Options
I'm 34, have about 130 pounds to lose (ouch, that hurts to see written down), and I'm looking for friends that have a lot to lose or that are really supportive and aren't afraid to call me out on my excuses. I've made a few aborted attempts at Weight Watchers, but just can't seem to commit. And I hate their tracker compared to MFP, and you can't beat MFP's price, so here I am. I really have to lose this weight, it is starting to make me hurt when I go for walks and do anything active. I'm gradually becoming unable to live the active lifestyle I want to live. And I definitely can't wear the stylish clothing I want to wear.

Anyone else in the same boat? Let's lose this weight together!

Replies

• triskaidekaphile13
    triskaidekaphile13 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hey camiah. It's great to hear that you are back on the boards and ready to start again. You'll see from my ticker that I've lost 73lbs whilst I've been on MFP (since July 2012). I had already lost 70lbs before I joined MFP and kept it off for several years.

Consistency is key and I'm more than happy to call you out on your excuses but the person who needs to call you out is you. Do you know why you are struggling to commit to the changes needed to lose the weight you want to lose? For me the changes in my head have been what have enabled me to make the changes in my body.
  • camiah
    camiah Posts: 146
    Options
    It is insane how well you have done. You are truly an inspiration, and I about cried when I saw your welcome back comment. That you have stuck around even after so many starts and stops really means a lot to me. It is people like you that make me think it is possible to actually do it, and this time I mean to do it. I feel to awful physically not to.

Thank you for being you!
  • 1984jadeball
    Options
    Hi feel free to add me im quite new but on every day
  • camiah
    camiah Posts: 146
    Options
    I mainly struggle with drinking a few too many drinks when out, eating out at restaurants, and boredom with what I eat. I also rebel at "rules" which is sort of stupid, since the person I'm rebelling against is myself. Maybe it is a combination of still not believing I can really do it/deserve to do it, and my knowledge of the statistics regarding long term weight loss (I have a hard time convincing myself I'll be one of the few that manage it). But I've discovered I can't not try. I can't give in and keep going like I am. The ground is giving underneath my complacency, and I either move to more stable ground, or fall into the hole where the weight inexorably increases. I see my future if I keep going the way I am, and that future isn't pretty.
  • Jesysca
    Jesysca Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me :) i hope i can support you as well ;)
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent. I am close to your age and still have about 100 lbs to lose. Would love to have some more, active friends.
  • ScruffyMuscle
    ScruffyMuscle Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    hey ya'll!!!
  • CoolCookie62
    CoolCookie62 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping that my next birthday in June, I can lose between 20-30lbs. Hopefully, I can keep the weight off and never gain it back.
  • wittman01
    wittman01 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm only on day 2, right now totally motivated..I plan on keeping it that way. Im not sure how to add you but if you want I"ll be on your team!:smile:
  • JessiesGirls520
    Options
    I've lost 70 pounds. If you want someone to call you out on excuses I'm your girl. Be careful what you ask for ;) Sending you a request now! Anyone/everyone else feel free to add me.
  • maggie16sweetxoxo
    maggie16sweetxoxo Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I have no problem being honest and calling you out if I see a bad decision. Are you ready?
  • mellieinkc
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well if you like. I have been successful in the past but have always gained it back so this time I am determined that I am doing this as a lifestyle change, not a diet. I still have about 30-40 pounds to go(I have lost 29 pounds at present). I would be happy to cheer you on! The people on here have done that for me and it is really helpful!

On an added note, my mom is very over weight and she is in terrible pain everyday now. She motivates me. Maybe that will help you. Being older and overweight and totally unable to exercise is not a good place to be. You can still lose but it is harder. You are still so young and the desire to continue your active lifestyle is an amazing motivator.

That being said I know YOU CAN DO THIS! You will have good days and not so good days. Celebrate the good and learn from the not so good, don't beat yourself up. That is where I think many of us fall. We have one bad meal or one bad day and we totally give up and begin a binge that can last months or longer. So, let us support you and you will be amazed at what you can accomplish!! :flowerforyou:
  • Becca_Smith1552
    Options
    Hi Camiah!

I also have been an on and off again WW user... I agree that MFP is FAR superior (and free!) :smile: I have about 80 lbs. to lose (yikes!)... I'd be glad to go on this journey with you!! :smile:
  • love2lift_85
    love2lift_85 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Hey camiah! I'm on pretty much every day and I try to comment on most of my friends' statuses or walls each day. Add me if you like!