TDEE and stuff

Options
KMiYong
KMiYong Posts: 130 Member
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
Uhm.. So I saw some people prefer going the TDEE way instead of MFP calorie count.. I am thinking of trying that too, and I have a question.
I used this calculator [ http://www.fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html ] and it says my TDEE is 2227. I saw someone suggested to only decrease 20% of that for weight loss, so I tried that and it seems like I'm supposed to eat 1780 cal. a day. I am not so sure of that, though, because it seems a lot, and is only 100 calories below my BMR. I am aiming to lose 2 pounds a week, right now with little exercise (starting to build my exercise slowly, and also looking for time to squeeze that in between school and work. I work at peanut sorting, a sedentary job where all you do is move your arms..)
What do you guys think?

Right now I eat 12700 calories per day, adding the MFP exercise calories if I exercise that day. I use RunKeeper to count my speed and steps.

Replies

• __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    All of the calculators are estimations, none of them can be taken literally to the calorie I don't care what anybody says.

For an idea, I put my own details in and came up with a figure around 2100 mark which is ridiculous because if I do that I will put weight back on.

Just be careful and keep a watch on your intake and your weight.
  • astange83
    astange83 Posts: 105
    Options
    TDEE is only good if you have a set schedule of workout activities that you know you will work out 3x 4x 5x 6x a week at a good intensity. If you are just going to workout out here and there then MFP calculations are best to use. I use TDEE method to an extent because I cringe at the idea of eating back my workout calories. Yeh you are eating them back with TDEE but you aren't tracking your workouts to add calories to your daily goal, everyday you eat X calories no matter what. I like to plan exactly what I'm going to eat in a day, not have to be like at 6pm I need to eat 300 more calories because I worked out!
This discussion has been closed.