Two year changes (with pics )

Options
So two years ago this month I graduated from Mary Immaculate college Limerick, Ireland with an honours degree in Education with History. It was a great day..but I really didn't like how I looked. So much so that I only have ten photos of the day, and some of those were the professional ones my parents wanted to get. I was 12st 2 and incredibly uncomfortable with how I looked. I avoided the camera like the plague and regret not having more memories on film.

Two years on, I am now 9st 13 (or 10 depending on the scales) and have never felt better. In two weeks I will be graduating from the same college with an honours Masters degree in Education ..and this time around I CANNOT WAIT for grad. I'm actually proud of what I've achieved in these two years both with the weightloss and work wise. I know it's not a huge loss compared to some of the amazing people on here but I never thought I'd get there.

So..I still have four pounds to go to goal, I doubt I'll get there before grad but I think I've come along way. There have been some seriously supportive people on here..Claudia and Claire..with the messy breakup and stress of completeing my masters earlier this year, ye;re support really meant the world. I know I've never met ye, and probably never will but ye were as good as real life friends in helping me through the rough patches. So I won't have a bf to celebrate with on grad..but I'll have the best group of friends who were amazing support and help and yer thoughts and wishes with me.

So..some photos..

Me at graduation 2011 : 5''10 and 12st 2.

003_zpsd2b238cf.jpg[/URL]

009_zpsbc9eaa36.jpg[/URL]

me in the same dress September 2013 : 9st 13
DSC_1528_zps79a49434.jpg[/URL]

DSC_1527_zps4b3b50a1.jpg[/URL]

New grad dress :D
IMG_20131005_143249_zpscad61ff3.jpg[/URL]

I cannot for all the challenges and opportunites to come and the support of the MFP community. Happy Sunday :-)

Replies

• mirandabirkle
    mirandabirkle Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I wish I had your legs girl!! Awesome job, congrats!
  • fitgirlandfoodie
    fitgirlandfoodie Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Thank you hun :-) x
  • lebaker310
    lebaker310 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Dayummm, get it girl!
  • fitgirlandfoodie
    Options
    haha thanks lebaker :-) you look amazing yourself!
  • WestCoastWild
    WestCoastWild Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!! And I love your shoes, nude pumps are the best :D Awesome work.
  • ingoiolo
    ingoiolo Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    You were very cute to start with,
    You look splendid now
    :)
  • fitgirlandfoodie
    Options
    :blushing: aw thank you :-) Sometimes you just need to be reminded how far you've come
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Really proud of you. Congratulations on your weight loss and your Master's! :drinker:
  • fitgirlandfoodie
    Options
    Thank you everyone :-) xx
  • EtherealPerfection
    Options
    Congrats! That's amazing!! You look great :)
  • lisakay0x
    lisakay0x Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I, for one, think you also looked absolutely stunning in your grad photos!
    Congrats on your progress! LEGS FOR DAYS. MEOW.
  • fitgirlandfoodie
    Options
    Thank you :-) Everyone here has been so supportive :) x
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Outstanding accomplishments !

You look lovely ....... killer legs, by the way ...... and I'm loving the (blue) dress :heart:

Best luck in the future !
  • mkmerrill
    mkmerrill Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Woot woot! Fly as hell!
  • fitgirlandfoodie
    Options
    Thanks guys :-) will be my last graduation so I'm gonna make the most of it (and take lots of photos :D ) xx
  • claire_donegal84
    claire_donegal84 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Awwww thank you for the mention. Just so happy for you to see you've done so well and you're coming out of the other side of difficult times. You deserve to thoroughly celebrate your achievements-graduation and personal. Well done you xx
  • fitgirlandfoodie
    Options
    Thanks Claire, you really did put up with some seriously woe is me statues for a while there..and didn't unfriend me :D You're a huge inspiration :) (and will be for the little baba when they arrive too ) xx Thanks to everyone else too, it's nice to know the progress is visable!
  • claudiacarmel
    claudiacarmel Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I am proud to call you my friend, Eleanor! You inspire me in so many ways :) I wish I could go to your graduation and celebrate your success with you in person! Keep up the fantastic work, you are beautiful!
  • fitgirlandfoodie
    Options
    Thank you so much Claudia. Your support and friendship over the past 5 months has been enormous. You really helped me keep it together and get through it. I'll have a drink for you after grad (diet mixer of course :P ) xx
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!