Dizzy... Suggestions?

Options
I just attempted a workout video and had to stop part of the way through because I got really dizzy. At the gym I can do over an hour on the elliptical without getting dizzy but 20 minutes of circuit training made my vision go blotchy. Do you guys have any suggestions on things I could do to keep this from happening?

Thanks.

ps. I usually work out in the mornings or early afternoon with no problems. I tend to have more issues if I work out in the evening.

Replies

• msemejuru
    msemejuru Posts: 229
    Options
    Make sure you are keeping your head above your heart when your heart rate is up high. Try not to hold your breath during difficult moves. It was a good idea to take a break. Hopefully you will figure out the problem soon. Good luck!
  • amicklin
    amicklin Posts: 452
    Options
    I have similar issues with dizziness and blurred vision. For me it is a combination of blood sugar issues (I am hypoglycemic) and I have equilibrium problems. You mentioned you have more issues later in the day. It is possible that your blood sugar has dropped by this point in the day. You might try having a snack before you workout (hour ish).
  • megsta21
    megsta21 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Stop running around in Circles???? :laugh:

Ooooopps sorry! :laugh: Couldnt help myself... :flowerforyou:

On a serious note....

When was your last meal?? Was your workout space very warm? How many times has that happened?

Elliptical vs Circuit Training.... they are very different exercises.... your heart rate may have been maxxing out??

I would try again and monitor your HR and if it happens again either, start out slower and see how you go... if it STILL happens go see your doc prolly! :tongue:
  • IRun24
    IRun24 Posts: 30
    Options
    I get dizzy working out in the evenings if my blood sugar drops or I haven't had enough water all day (at least 8 glasses). Make sure tomeat and stay well hydrated!
  • dietcokaholic2
    Options
    I am not a medical profesional but it sounds like dehydration or low blood sugar. If you drink plenty of fluids you might want to get your sugar checked. You've lost a lot of weight (yippeee, I am so proud of you!!) and your body sounds like it's not adjusting in someway. And if neither of those sound like what's going on.. It might be an ear infection... Please take care!
  • when I first started I got dizzy all the time but now I take vitamins and It never happenes to me anymore. Im not sure If thats why It does not happen anymore but I feel great!
  • AmyLamb86
    AmyLamb86 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the info! Part of it might have been low blood sugar. I hadn't ate a lot today and I hadn't ate in awhile. I'll mention it to my dietitian next time I see her.