What exercise would burn 200 calories?

Options
Hi everyone,
I was wondering if anyone could sugget some exercises that would burn 200 calories, or is there away for me to find this out? Thank you.

Replies

• jcolier
    jcolier Posts: 64
    Options
    I would say any exercise will burn 200 calories, eventually.
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    taking a nice 30 min walk. well depending on your weight now.
  • mkphotogirl
    mkphotogirl Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    lots of them, depending on how long you do it for. check out this site:
    http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calories_burned.htm
  • Brandie43
    Brandie43 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thank you , I went to the site but i couldn't make it work?? It looks realy interesting though..
  • farniente8
    farniente8 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    The number of calories you burn depends on your current weight. The 30 Day Shred DVDs burned around 225 calories for me when I was in the 170's. I would recommend them as they made a noticeable difference in my body. Good luck!
  • jmadams111
    jmadams111 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Click on the exercise tab on this site > then click on cardio > then key in the name of whatever exercise you want to try.
    Click on whatever you find you like and play with the number of minutes until you get ~ 200. Keep in mind most consider this site to be somewhat generous, so you might want to shoot for more than 200.

Good luck
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    about 175 burpees
  • action_figure
    action_figure Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Mucking out my chicken coop for an hour, biking for forty minutes, kayaking for 45 minutes, walking for an hour, kettlebells for thirty minutes, etc. etc. etc.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Just being alive burns about 1850 calories for me...
  • Chellellelle
    Chellellelle Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Get a heart rate monitor and that will help you a lot. For me, just doing a basic, non-intense workout on the elliptical will burn about 200 calories in 20 minutes. Walking for 30 minutes between 3.2 and 3.9 mph for 30 minutes burns about 300.

It all depends on your body and how hard you work. When I do intense, intervals on the elliptical for 20-25 minutes I can burn almost 400 calories. That's why I suggest getting a heart rate monitor, then you can tell what works for you and what doesn't.
  • Elliesque
    Elliesque Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I would say any exercise will burn 200 calories, eventually.

Pretty Much. But more specific - stationary biking for about 20-25min should get you there, or a nice walk.
  • Siobhan108
    Siobhan108 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I agree almost anything would burn 200 calories. Find something you enjoy, otherwise you will not do it. I jog in the pool everyday for 60 min, but I started by walking for 20 a year ago. I also ride my bike. I don't really like doing weights so I do weights in the pool when I walk. Another good thing is dancing, you can do it at home, turn on the radio and move. Good luck on your journey.
  • PrettyPearl88
    PrettyPearl88 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Some ideas of exercises that will probably burn at least 200 calories:

A 30 minute brisk walk
    A 20-25 minute run
    Window shopping at the mall for an hour
    A 30 minute bike ride (at a good pace)
    20-30 minutes on the elliptical
    30 minutes of Zumba
  • mitchiejo
    mitchiejo Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    It definitely depends on your weight and effort as to how long you have to do a specific exercise.
  • Brandie43
    Brandie43 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your great reply's. I already am very active i was just trying to get an idea of how many calories i was burning. I think the heart rate monitor is a great idea, are they very expensive? Thanks again:smile:
  • Matt24442
    Matt24442 Posts: 324
    Options
    badminton, croquet, horseshoes
  • rkr22401
    rkr22401 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Lying in bed will burn 200 calories in less than 3 hours.

Alternatively, you can walk/jog for 2 miles in much less time.
  • annekka
    annekka Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I find 20-30 minutes on the stationery bike using the fat loss setting will net me about 200 calories for my weight. Granted I don't trust the calories it says I burned explicitly, but it's 200 calories. Add in some weight training and you have *potentially* an up to 300 calorie burn.