Hair cut before and after journey (LOTS of photos)

Options
Well I told myself I would get my hair cut once I lost 50 pounds I kept putting it off. Two days ago I was at 55lbs gone and I still had not done it so I decide to do it. Here's some photos I thought I would share with everyone. I got about 14 or 15 inches cut off. Send 13 inches to locks of love.

npml3l.jpg

6ophtu.jpg

25oz8zm.jpg

2mfwtuo.jpg

rvas60.jpg

2u97l3n.jpg

Before&after
s6hjqb.jpg

Thought I would post this to show this is do-able and "treating" yourself doesn't have to be with food. The old me wouldn't have believed that for a second.

Xoxox, Linsey

Replies

• linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    finally got this edited so all the photos of view-able. easier said then done :)
  • lebaker310
    lebaker310 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    This is awesome! A reward for yourself while helping others. Not to mention the cut looks great on you. Good job :)
  • cmcmommy
    cmcmommy Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    That has to feel so much more lighter . I love the fact you donated it . I did that last time I cut my hair , But I only had 1 pony tail . You look great!
  • tgrlady
    tgrlady Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look awesome! :) Congratulations on the 55 lbs and Cheers for the friend add!! :)
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    ohmygod_zpsffc60547.gif

Amazing difference ........ you look so cute ...... congrats on your weight loss & bangin' new haircut !
  • foodiscomplicated
    foodiscomplicated Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    You're adorable.
  • Love4fitnesslove4food2
    Options
    wow. your hair cut is so suiting and looks great on you! You will make someone in need very happy with that beautiful hair!
  • walkinthedogs
    walkinthedogs Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring. What a good way to celebrate your loss and give something invaluable in return as a way to mark the progress. Nice job!!!!
  • Lonasue32
    Lonasue32 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    It looks amazing! Very pretty and sassy!
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    As someone who's mother passed away due to cancer and with chemo was left hairless, Thank you so much.

Hope you achieve every goal you wish (unless its to become Hitler 2.0. Then... bad OP!)
  • linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    As someone who's mother passed away due to cancer and with chemo was left hairless, Thank you so much.

Hope you achieve every goal you wish (unless its to become Hitler 2.0. Then... bad OP!)

I'm so sorry to hear about your mother.

But thanks everyone for your support :)
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your donation :)

Any tips on keeping your hair looking so healthy? I've started eating better, taking fish oil, using coconut oil as a mask, but that was just lately... trying to un-do damage previously done by not taking good care of myself.
  • srgtbiggles
    srgtbiggles Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Love the cut! Congrats!
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    awesome on every level... you look adorable and as a breast cancer survivor myself.... thank you for thinking of locks of love:heart: really cute with the cut ;-) and a huge congratulations on your loss
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    That is super cool of you and your cut is adorable! I'm currently in the growing out phase because I've FINALLY figured out how to keep from getting split ends and having massive breakage all the time. When I get to the point that I'm tired of the long hair I will do the same thing : )
  • TigerBite
    TigerBite Posts: 611 Member
    Options

Any tips on keeping your hair looking so healthy? I've started eating better, taking fish oil, using coconut oil as a mask, but that was just lately... trying to un-do damage previously done by not taking good care of myself.

Adequate intake of healthy fats (almonds, egg yolks, olive oil, avocadoes, etc.) for shine and to prevent dryness ... Adequate protein intake for growth and thickness ... as far as supplements go: biotin ... there is also a shampoo called Nioxin (Yes, it does actually work ... If you have a friend in the beauty industry, have them buy it for you and pay them back ... it'll be WAY cheaper ...)
  • sarah456s
    sarah456s Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Wow, so great!! Congrats - the new cut looks amazing, and you've done a wonderful thing. :)
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options

Adequate intake of healthy fats (almonds, egg yolks, olive oil, avocadoes, etc.) for shine and to prevent dryness ... Adequate protein intake for growth and thickness ... as far as supplements go: biotin ... there is also a shampoo called Nioxin (Yes, it does actually work ... If you have a friend in the beauty industry, have them buy it for you and pay them back ... it'll be WAY cheaper ...)

Thank you. I've heard biotin mentioned a lot. .. Time to try :)
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    LOVE IT
  • comrade_questions
    comrade_questions Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Holy moly, your hair is so healthy! That's amazing! Good for you!