Morning weight/evening weight

Options
hi to all
My confusion is which weight to believe

is my morning weight a true picture of my weight loss
or my evening weight
the evening weight is always 1-2 pounds more

with what weight do you keep your weight loss sheets updated with. :)

Replies

• linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Really doesn't matter just go with the same one every time. I go with am but I don't think it really matter. Feel free to message me if you have questions
  • toofatnomore
    toofatnomore Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Morning weight will always be lighter. Just do the same time each day.
    I am sometimes 6 lbs heavier at night.
    I would guess 99 percent of people checking their weight will be morning.
    Too depressing to check at night...lol
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I don't really care to know my weight after I've been eating all day - yuck, depressing! Weigh once a week, in the morning after you go to the bathroom but before you've eaten anything.
  • lsorci919
    lsorci919 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I always go with my morning weight. It fluctuates too much at night depending on food and water intake. Plus you'll always be lighter in the morning since you are running on E and that always makes me smile.

:D
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I don't even weigh myself once I've eaten anything. It's a recipe for disaster, lol. I did it by curiosity 3 weeks ago and had gained 4 lbs...
  • NH_Norma
    NH_Norma Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I'm doing mid to end of day (between after lunch and 5pm) because I'm using the scale at work, and I get on when nobody is around, lol
  • NRSPAM
    NRSPAM Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    I always do mine first thing in the morning, before I eat anything, but whichever you do, just be consistent. :)
  • mrsamanda86
    mrsamanda86 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I only use my morning weight for check ins and when I check in with my trainer it's usually only after breakfast time so still basically the same as I did at home. Sometimes I check my weight at the end of the night if I think I did really good or really bad throughout the day. Yesterday I checked before I went to bed and surprisingly was only like half a pound heavier than in the morning! That was pretty awesome, but definitely not my normal lol
  • egrusy
    egrusy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I always do mine first thing in the morning, before I eat anything, but whichever you do, just be consistent. :)

^^^^^^^ I always weigh in on Friday mornings right after I've gotten out of bed (and after a visit to the bathroom). IMO being consistent with the time of day you weigh in, regardless of what time it is, is what's most important to most correctly gauge your progress.
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    You don't have a "real" weight; everyone's weight fluctuates due to changing amounts of water and solid food/waste material and intestinal bacteria. Your morning weight is lower than your evening weight because, during the night, you've been eliminating carbon and water vapor from your body when you breathe and sweat, even if you don't empty your bladder.

Just be consistent. I prefer to weigh myself in the morning.
  • ingoiolo
    ingoiolo Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    i do it daily (when I can, without obsessing) in the evening before dinner, ie around 7/8pm
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    I have been using .. morning weight. My evening weight can be up to 3 lbs over my morning weight.

My weight has been the same for the last few days .. so nothing changing around here.
  • ntatbeeq
    ntatbeeq Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    check myself in the morning..........at night, it changes due to to food choices and water intake...withme its always 2-3kgs more in the night.So, i always weigh myself in the morning...it gives a sort of relaxation to me :)
  • iechick
    iechick Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I can fluctuate up to five pounds from am to pm, so I never go by an evening weight because it's not accurate.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    I weight once a week in the morning in my birthday suit. That is how I measure my progress.

Other than this, the numbers don't count. How I feel and look to myself is what counts.
  • sunsetzen
    sunsetzen Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Whatever you do, just make sure its consistent. Morning, evening, naked, fully clothed, after poo, full colon....you get the picture. Everyone's weight fluctuates.
  • lshipley1
    lshipley1 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself first thing in the morning, and never ever on Monday mornings! Weekends are a killer for me
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    I weigh in the morning and in the evening...because I like to see how much my weight fluctuates depending on how much I eat & drink. Although I use the morning weight as my actual weight, because evening is always 3-4lbs higher.
  • hilts1969
    hilts1969 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    first friday of every month in the morning, never weighh myself weekly
  • albertine58
    albertine58 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Weirdly enough, I tend to weigh less in the evening when I get home! Makes no sense!

I weigh myself every morning, and then every evening when I get home but haven't eaten anything yet (it's usually been 5-6 hours since lunch, and I just have an apple for an afternoon snack). I just do it for curiosity- I don't get upset if the numbers are higher, but I'm almost always excited to weigh myself when I get home because it's often lower than the AM. As for tracking- if I see a new lower number, I track it- I don't care what time it is! I do usually note on my weigh-in spreadsheet whether it was AM or PM, but it doesn't really matter.

That said, I would never weigh myself after a meal or after drinking a ton of water. Seeing an artificially higher number would crush my morale!