New Girl....

Options
I am new to MyFitnessPal and today is my Day 1 of a serious and healthy routine to get back to the person and weight that I want to have! I have signed up to do the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer in 2011, as my Mom is a breast cancer survivor and I am also a thyroid cancer survivor, and I want to be able to complete the 40 mile walk! I also just got married this July and want to feel comfortable with my husband and know that I am the best that I can be. THIS is my motivation and I know that I will have the strength to keep up with my new routine and MAKE it work!

Thank you for any tips, tricks and your support :)

Replies

• Bosslady11611362
    Options
    Hey Emily! Welcome to MFP! I am also a breast cancer survivor, just over a year out from treatment. So glad to hear you're doing the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer next year. Congratulations on your marriage! :smile:
    You have come to the right place to make your life style change and there are lots of people here to cheer you on.
    Good luck on your journey!
  • Annista
    Annista Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! This is a great site!!!
  • raeannefowler
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! On everything! Surviving, keeping your mom, getting married and making the choice to come here. You sound like you have a stick-with-it attitude. Your going to do wonderfully. Welcome and good luck.
  • thedeepblue
    Options
    Welcome. You will find this site very helpful. There are a ton of great people to keep you motivated. It's really helping me.
  • CplJT2105
    Options
    Wow, you have ALOT of great motivation! This site will help you alot. Best of luck to you! :smile:

JT
  • sakinah1977
    sakinah1977 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Wow i heard about this sight from my friend Raeanne and m very excited about it, I'm ready to start losing the weight. I'm now letting all my friends and family no about it so we cud reach our goals of weight loss together. Im sooo happy
  • lovinyoutwo
    lovinyoutwo Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    WELCOME!!!