Jillian Michaels BFBM

Options
Hi All,

I'm going to start this tonight and I have a holiday in two and half weeks time so figured I would try and do as many days as I could before I go away to see some results. I have done the Shred before and seen results so I'm hoping this will be even better although I have heard it is a bit of a killer!

What length of time do you guys do this for to see results (ie everyday for a number of weeks or alternate days for a more lengthy number of weeks) and has anyone had any really good results in a short space of time?

Thanks for any info!

Gill

Replies

• paytenpar2014
    Options
    OMG! I LOVE this workout! I don't do it exclusively. I have a plethora of workout dvds that I rotate in regularly, so I can't pin down BFBM as the reason for my success. I will say, however, that it is an EXCELLENT workout. It's a little longer (55 min) but by the end I am DRIPPING with sweat. I don't know exactly how many calories I burn with this workout, as I just ordered a HRM and it will be here in about a week, but I know that it's a great workout!
    My only complaint is that she doesn't have a designated modifier and on one of the tougher moves she doesn't get someone to show the modified version until there are literally only 3 reps left. But it doesn't bother me enough not to do it again! Haha. Good luck :))
  • gbatey78
    gbatey78 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reply! Didnt get a chance last nt to do it so will be tackling it tonight!
  • gbatey78
    Options
    Just done BFBM and boy was it hard but more enjoyable than the Shred as a lot of moves were kickboxing which I enjoy; see how I feel tomorrow as to if I can do it two days in a row!
  • SMFRN
    SMFRN Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I like this Dvd. It has a little of everything. I don't care for all the jumping but it works getting my heart rate up. I use my HRM and burn about 500 calories each time.
  • SMFRN
    SMFRN Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I like this Dvd. It has a little of everything. I don't care for all the jumping but it works getting my heart rate up. I use my HRM and burn about 500 calories each time.
  • gbatey78
    Options
    Yeah I read somewhere that someone estimated between 400-500 so I've put in 450 into MFP as I don't have a HRM... congrats on your weight loss by the way-what have you done to lose so much-its fantastic!
  • lzvbeantown
    lzvbeantown Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am doing it 3 times a week together with the shred, started it last week. I use a hrm and burn around 700 calories when I do it and more when I push myself to the limit. I am loving it!
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    3 X a week here also... I still need hand weights though.... I am breathing hard so I know it gets my heart rate up.....