weight training without weights

Options
I am 5'6'' female with 139lbs weight.....i want to go for some weight training exercises but i dnt have any weights with me.
Though i have heard from many people, PLANK is a best weight training exercise without any equipments...So, any other suggestions /exercises one can perform at home without any equipment?

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,707 Member
    Options
    Well technically it wouldn't be weight training without weights, but resistance/body weight training. Can't really weight train without weights.
    That said, you can find a lot of body weight exercises to do online. Plank is a good core exercise, but there are many more that require core and include back and legs (such as pullups or pistol squats).

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    pull-ups, pushups, sit-ups, lunges, squats, jumping lunges, step ups, toe raises...
  • ntatbeeq
    ntatbeeq Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    pull-ups, pushups, sit-ups, lunges, squats, jumping lunges, step ups, toe raises...
    \\

gr8 options....thanks dear :)
  • shirleygirl910
    shirleygirl910 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    You can use things around the house for weights. Canned goods, milk carton filled with sand or water. There all kinds of things if you use your imagination. I'm sure if you google it others have more suggestions.
  • bert16
    bert16 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I don't use it personally, but I have an MFPal who frequently recommends You Are Your Own Gym (sometimes abbreviated as YAYOG in the forums). You may want to search for it here in the message boards to get a whole lot of ideas... there are tons of options.
  • cdahl383
    cdahl383 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    You can do dips between two chairs as well. Pushups, situps, squats, lunges, basically what was already stated above for the most part.

You can usually find a set of dumbbells for sale on Craigslist or at local garage sales for really cheap when people are moving. I got a set of adjustable dumbbells for free last year from a friend that was moving. I've since expanded but I always buy used stuff to keep it cheap. Adjustable dumbbells are nice since they're cheap, easy to find, and don't take up much space at all.
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Just to add one. Try hip bridges or hip thrusters. These can still be quite challanging for some people with body weight especially if you do single leg variations. On that note, single leg variations of squats such as pistol squats and skaters squats are quite challanging. You might be able to find something to use to do a back extension (try a single leg one for a harder exercise).
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    I don't use it personally, but I have an MFPal who frequently recommends You Are Your Own Gym (sometimes abbreviated as YAYOG in the forums). You may want to search for it here in the message boards to get a whole lot of ideas... there are tons of options.

I was gonna' suggest this. I have the ebook and there are many ideas for exercises, plus many variations.

Also, gmallan: I :heart: your profile pic. :happy:
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    jump squats jump lunges, pushups, pullups, burpees, lunges, pistol squats, pushup jacks, dips, suspension training, planks, mountain climbers... enjoy. Eventually u will want weight tho.
  • lilacinfinity
    lilacinfinity Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Another YAYOG user here - I have the smartphone app as well which makes it really easy.