2»

Replies

• qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    congrats! that's awesome
  • alamogirl04
    Options
    Congrats, and thank you for your service.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,757 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I agree that portion control is key. Your story is the type I really enjoy: people whose chronic health problems are alleviated when they lose weight. I know that weight loss won't solve everything for everybody, but it really helps.

^^^This, so this. Getting off meds or not having to take them in the first place is so wonderful.

Your right about the honestly. I started MFP with the mantra: Stand in your truth. Eat it, log it. Exercise log it.
    It just works when you do that.
  • CindyRip
    CindyRip Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story, I too am trying to get off my BP meds. So happy you have achieved this goal, it certainly reaffirms for me that it is possible. Wishing you continued success as you reap the benefits of your hard work.
  • 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    First and foremost, thank you for your service. Secondly, awesome job!!! I was recently taken off of my blood pressure meds as well.

Keep up the great work!
  • Bambi0ne
    Options
    Thank you for your post. You are right you have to be honest with yourself. I can't do it on my own, I need to post everything. Its so easy to go sailing through your day thinking "I didn't eat too bad so why am I not losing weight?" Log, Log, Log!!! Sometimes I get tired of doing it but for me its the ONLY way to maintain a healthy life style, thanks again
  • gampsm824
    gampsm824 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!:smile: Thank you for your service.
  • southpaw3833
    Options
    I don't post much on here, bu the last few days I have decided to tell my story, hopefully as motivation, mainly for the other service members I know use this site. I left on deployment in March and weighed in at 206, and my gut measured 43 inches. Last Sunday I weighed in at 167, and my abdominal measurement is now 34! People on the ship ask me all the time what my diet is, and I tell them I don't have one. When I started using MFP at the end of May after my wife told me about it, I set my weight loss goal for 2lbs a week and started religiously logging everything I ate. I go to the gym about an hour and a half every day, until recently I was doing Cardio for an hour and strength training for 30 minutes, I have since started changing it to include more strength training. There really isn't a secret to it, I read all the forum posts on here about what I should and shouldn't eat, and how I should eat clean foods only......Yeah right.....ever try to do that on a deployed warship? I eat pretty much what I want for my 3 meals a day, I am just much smarter now about the portion sizes I eat. 3 days ago my doctor took me off my Blood Pressure meds, said I didn't need them anymore after 8 yrs of being on them. I wish I had found the motivation a long time ago to get off my butt and do it, but now that I have it has truly been a lifestyle change. I am not writing this post to brag, but to serve as motivation for others that may need it. As I have told anyone whose post I have responded to, my food diary is open and I welcome any friend requests from anyone desiring motivation. I cant tell you what will work for you, we are all different, I just know that MFP and exercise, along with my wife motivating me are what have done it for me. MFP works, as long as you are brutally honest with yourself and put in everything that you eat, until you can do that, it will not work for you.

Chris

Great work Shipmate! I'm right there with you.
  • BobcatGirl110
    BobcatGirl110 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Great work and thank you for your service!!
  • semarsh12
    semarsh12 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Great job and inspiring. Thank you for serving.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!