Juicing anyone??

Options
I have ordered a juicer and plan to attempt to add this to my attempt at living better. I have read a lot of material on this topic, but I was wondering if anyone would like to share their thoughts, recipes, ideas, and or tips for a beginner. Oh and I am just learning to like the taste of vegetables...LOL.:laugh:

Replies

• slim4health56
    slim4health56 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    No one in particular....

Sorry, couldn't help myself.:wink:

I bought a juicer a year ago as I've been on a major juice hunt for a copycat recipe for Spicy V8 juice, which I love! Unfortunately, the concoctions I've whipped up are dreadful and not worthy of sharing. Should you find anything that closely resembles Spicy V8, please share. I don't think I could get enough fiber in my diet if I drank too many calories, but I'm sure juicing has other positive attributes. Have fun!
  • chaoticrunner
    chaoticrunner Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I love my juicer! This morning I had a juice that was carrots, apples, and lemon. I love putting lemon into my juices, it ends up being the only thing you can taste. If you go to the website rebootwithjoe.com there are tons of recipes to be found. Maybe even one like the spicy V8!
  • slim4health56
    slim4health56 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I love my juicer! This morning I had a juice that was carrots, apples, and lemon. I love putting lemon into my juices, it ends up being the only thing you can taste. If you go to the website rebootwithjoe.com there are tons of recipes to be found. Maybe even one like the spicy V8!

Thanks! I'll check it out!
  • alyhuggan
    alyhuggan Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    You will lose fat by being in a caloric deficit, not by changing all your calories to juice. If it's a way to get in fruit and veg then ignore that last part.
  • iamtahicha
    iamtahicha Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks I have been looking at that site. It seems like it will be very helpful!
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    You can join this group, here....

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/328-juice-fasting-fat-sick-and-nearly-dead

It's not super active there... but new people with questions would be a help to stir things up.

I'm not a particularly imaginative cook..... but here's what I found about juicing. I started by stuffing any kind of fruit or vegetable I could find in there... and inhaling the sludge that came out. I realized right away, that I I wasn't gonna stick with that. So, I stopped mixing fruits with vegetables... because I really liked the fruit juices I made, and I didn't like the taste if I added vegetables to them. I also found that I preferred my fruit juices straight... that is peach juice, or orange juice or grapefruit juice, which turned out to be my all time favorite..... but, I didn't really like experimenting with mixing various fruits. As for vegetables... I found that kale destroyed any kind of vegetable juice I made... so I stopped putting kale into my juice. My go to vegetable juice was tomatoes, red pepper, celery and carrots. Sometimes with cucumber.

You probably have more imagination than I do... but, my point is... I didn't go into juicing with a love of fruits and vegetables... so, I juiced the stuff that made tasty juice for me. And I came out of it with a love for fruits and vegetables, which I eat a metric *kitten*-ton of every day now.

How hard are you planning on going at the juice? Juice binge, or just a glass or two a day, or what?

juicer.jpg
  • bunnies26
    bunnies26 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I do the the Gerson Therapy Juices and love them. Also cucumber and celery as they are low cal.
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Juice is a great supplement to a reasonable diet. Enjoy!
  • uvonne610
    uvonne610 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Apples, beets, carrots
  • theredfro
    theredfro Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Totally thought this was gonna be about steroids.
  • Change4mygirls
    Change4mygirls Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I love juicing...I just need to be more diligent. It can be expensive to get all of the fresh veggies and clean up is a pain...but it is good for you and honestly, makes you feel good. Okay, I am going to pull out my juicer now! ;)
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    I love my juicer and will sometimes make juice to have with a meal. I eat plenty of fruits and veggies, but I love the taste of fresh juice.

Apple, carrot, half cucumber, kale, strawberries, serves two.
  • Reville
    Reville Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have been having fruit and vegetable juices instead of a breakfast and lunch for the last 3 months....Really enjoyed the juices themselves. Most of my recipes are from the 7lbs in 7days Jason Value book or the reboot with Joe. I track my weight once a week, so I recently looked back at the statistics over the 3 months of juicing to find that I only lost 3lbs in total...This was very disheartening as I had to be up at 6 am each morning to make my juices. I was eating a healthy dinner every evening and I was having one meal out a week with a few drinks. I have given up the juicing now as the results were just not good enough., I am now back on the Slimming World regime, which is just a sensible eating plan for life.