Hair cut before and after journey (LOTS of photos)

Options

Replies

• michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    congratulations you look stunning
  • loserlee123
    loserlee123 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Looks great, congrats on your success!
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    This is AWESOME!! Way to go hun! :flowerforyou: :love: :drinker:
  • Ladina1990
    Ladina1990 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!
  • So happy for you!
  • mwal74
    mwal74 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    You are quite possibly one of the cutest human beings I've ever seen! Congratulations on the weight loss, and kudos to you for donating your beautiful hair to Locks of Love! That truly touches my heart because my sister-in-law is a 6-year survivor of breast cancer, and she had a lovely human-hair wig that she wore while her own hair was growing back. Someone is really going to love your generous donation, and their family will be thankful for it, although not able to thank you directly. So... thank you :smile:
  • LisaMfit4life
    LisaMfit4life Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    That's awesome and I love the new look. Congrats on the weight loss!!!!
  • Sovictorrious
    Sovictorrious Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    So awesome. I know a friend who is happier because of people who donate to locks of love. Thank you!
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    Your new haircut looks great. My hair is about as long as yours was and i don't have the guts to cut it just yet. :)))
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Wow, LOVE the new look! And the donation. Love that too!
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your donation :)

Any tips on keeping your hair looking so healthy? I've started eating better, taking fish oil, using coconut oil as a mask, but that was just lately... trying to un-do damage previously done by not taking good care of myself.

Adequate intake of healthy fats (almonds, egg yolks, olive oil, avocadoes, etc.) for shine and to prevent dryness ... Adequate protein intake for growth and thickness ... as far as supplements go: biotin ... there is also a shampoo called Nioxin (Yes, it does actually work ... If you have a friend in the beauty industry, have them buy it for you and pay them back ... it'll be WAY cheaper ...)

Thank you. I've heard biotin mentioned a lot. .. Time to try :)
  • AntShanny
    AntShanny Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Just awesome, on both counts!
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Well I told myself I would get my hair cut once I lost 50 pounds I kept putting it off. Two days ago I was at 55lbs gone and I still had not done it so I decide to do it. Here's some photos I thought I would share with everyone. I got about 14 or 15 inches cut off. Send 13 inches to locks of love.

npml3l.jpg

6ophtu.jpg

25oz8zm.jpg

2mfwtuo.jpg

rvas60.jpg

2u97l3n.jpg

Before&after
    s6hjqb.jpg

Thought I would post this to show this is do-able and "treating" yourself doesn't have to be with food. The old me wouldn't have believed that for a second.

Xoxox, Linsey

You look amazing! Love the hair cut! That's such a great cause! Good for you!
  • SweetLilyR
    SweetLilyR Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely amazing!! Congrats on the weight loss and the gorgeous new haircut. It totally suits you - young, fun, and sassy!

And a double congrats on donating your hair - I have a sister-in-law who's dealing with all the other women in her family going through various stages of breast cancer, and their wigs really do give them a needed boost in spirit and soul.
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    Your hair was so long you look amazing well done :happy: :happy:
  • MermaidTX
    MermaidTX Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on those awesome pounds you lost & your way cute new hairstyle!

You're such a doll for sending your hair to Lock of Love! Best wishes for continued successes!
  • susanhiding
    susanhiding Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Yay! So glad you finally did it! And your hair now looks so cute!
  • guessrs
    guessrs Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    You look good, well deserved.
  • mimiteh35
    mimiteh35 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    A. Congrats on reaching OVER 50 lbs weight loss now!
    B. You are awesome for donating to Locks of Love!!
    C. You're new hairstyle is so cute on you!!

:)
  • DiaryofaMadFatMan
    DiaryofaMadFatMan Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Nice hair cut. It suits you well. I applaud you for donating your hair to Locks of Love. :flowerforyou: