Introducing Myself

Options
Hi!
I have been up and down with my weight and I will admit that it is very emotional for me. I had a baby last year and sometimes feel that I might never get my body in good shape. I am dedicated to my workouts but nutrition is my down fall. I am a single mom and go to school full time and work part time, so it is difficult to stay on track with my eating habits. I would love advice on what to eat, workout tips, and motivation.

Replies

• CamillaHerold
    CamillaHerold Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    There is a lot to learn... maybe to avoid overwhelm, you should focus on eating first, and then when you are eating better, start to work on exercise. If you try to take on too much too fast, you will likely fail. Establish friends here on MFP and they will help you start to deal with all these issues. Best of luck to you on your journey!
  • theredfro
    theredfro Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your goals, it's great that you're doing well on sustaining workouts. Unfortunately for a lot of people, it is the food that is the hardest. People don't realise that it's easy to workout but hard to keep nutrition in check!

There are all sorts of ways to try and keep nutrition clean and healthy; find lots of recipes that involve healthy food that you like and experiment with different meals for the same food. Find things easy to cook and different enough to stave off boredom. Consider making meals in bulk or prepping ahead for a week and freezing food down. Allow yourself enough flexibility to eat unhealthy things every now and then, full blown cold turkey only leads to binging, so just control the intake of what it is rather than completely cutting out. Breakfast needs to be a carb loaded meal to leave you feeling full and give you energy for the day, with protein. Options are things such as eggs; scrambled eggs and ham, omelettes, healthy whole grain cereals, oatmeal/porridge, etc. include lots of protein in your diet as this helps maintain muscle and keep you feeling full - lean meats like chicken, pork, turkey, fish foods such as salmon and tuna. Eating smaller meals more frequently also leads to feeling fuller more often, minimising the risk of binging or overeating and keeps your metabolism as its best. Keep healthy foods in your cupboards and get rid of most unhealthy foods so you haven't got the option there. Be organised with your food, write up meal plans for a week ahead, write down your intakes and make sure you've got different choices ready so you don't resort to easy and fast food. All in all, have fun with food! Experiment with different foods and see it as an adventure, not a diet!

Good luck!
  • goodgirl007
    goodgirl007 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. This is my second time on this website. last time I just quit logging in. I am fully committed this time and I honestly am tired of starring at my reflection and not recognizing the person looking back at me. I am a nurse and I should know better but the long hours and crazy demands of my jobs....yeah I have more than one job but I have found that I take the easy way out....fast food and energy drinks have been a daily part of my daily diet sometimes I don't even eat 3 meals a day. Anyways, I know I can't do this alone and I am back.....I am committed.....and I am excited. :happy:
  • salsera_barbie
    salsera_barbie Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me.
  • determined2run
    determined2run Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You can add me, I am just getting started also :)
  • spearfox
    spearfox Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Well that's sad. OP already deactivated.

Oh, add me if you want.