What's your weakness?

Options
So my biggest weight-loss weakness is stress. I eat when I'm stressed. Between work, school, and family I'm stressed a lot. To top it off, my self esteem isn't the greatest. But, I work out and I eat healthy (most of the time) and my diet plans would go smoother if I stopped "emotional eating" when I'm stressed.

I was wondering what everyone's biggest weight-loss weakness is right now? What's something you want to do about it? Maybe say something motivating to another person to help overcome their weakness.

For me, I've been taking short walks. When I feel my blood start to boil I'll try to take a 15 minute walk. I also think about how food is only short term comfort and how I feel HORRIBLE after my plate is empty! Still, it's a work in progress.

So, What's your weight loss weakness everyone? And what do you want to do about it?

Replies

• Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    Boredom! If I don't keep busy, dooom doooooom.
  • endoftheside
    endoftheside Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Impatience. Sometimes it feels like it has been FOREVER since I've lost any weight and I start wanting to freak out about changing my goals, macros, exercise, researching plateau busting, etc. Then I run a report for the last 30 days and find that over that time period I've lost at about the same rate as every other month.

I don't know why I start thinking that way, but the reports function here on MFP has saved my mental bacon numerous times. And we all know how vital bacon of all kinds is. :tongue:
  • Coyoteldy
    Coyoteldy Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    cooooooookies..... and anything with frosting.... when I am stressed those are my weakness
  • EmmaOnTrack
    EmmaOnTrack Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Vodka. Particularly when it's sunny. Bring on summer!!:drinker:
  • wendyg311
    wendyg311 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I was thinking strictly what is my food weakness, but Stress, Boredom and Impatience are the driving force for giving in to temptation. Great ideas. Impatience especially for me. Then it's sweet junk....
  • fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    food lol
  • ViktoryaC
    ViktoryaC Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Workplace snacking.....made a slim size 6 girl a beefy size 16 girl in just a year....:sad:
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    Kryptonite....

okay and cheesecake.
  • determined2run
    determined2run Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm a SAHM and I would say loneliness during the day. All of my local buddies work so it's usually just me until the
    kiddo comes home.
  • Kita328
    Kita328 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    SOCIAL SITUATIONS. WHEN I AM ALONE I CAN SAY NO AND STAY ON TRACK...BUT WHEN EVERYONE ELSE AROUND ME IS HAVING FUN EATING WHATEVER- I GET MIXED EMOTIONS AND END UP EATING.

I FEEL JEALOUS-THAT THEY CAN EAT WHATEVER ENVY- THAT THEY DONT SEEM TO MIND HAPPY- FOOD/FRIENDS/FUN CAREFREE- BECAUSE IN THE MOMENT LASTLY GUILT- THAT I WAS CARELESS.

NOT IN ANY PARTICULAR ORDER.
  • SophK90
    SophK90 Posts: 56
    Options
    CURRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The hotter the better!
    Scone with cream and jam
    platter of cheese....

Im hungry now...
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member
    Options
    SOCIAL SITUATIONS. WHEN I AM ALONE I CAN SAY NO AND STAY ON TRACK...BUT WHEN EVERYONE ELSE AROUND ME IS HAVING FUN EATING WHATEVER- I GET MIXED EMOTIONS AND END UP EATING.

I FEEL JEALOUS-THAT THEY CAN EAT WHATEVER ENVY- THAT THEY DONT SEEM TO MIND HAPPY- FOOD/FRIENDS/FUN CAREFREE- BECAUSE IN THE MOMENT LASTLY GUILT- THAT I WAS CARELESS.

NOT IN ANY PARTICULAR ORDER.

But does it make you angry?

My weakness I guess would be beer, but it's yummy so I don't let it keep me down.
  • lebaker310
    lebaker310 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Lack of motivation to cook meals. I'm constantly running day to day and don't take time to plan out meals or premake food especially with having an inconsistent work schedule.

Also lack of sleep due to stress.

Also bacon.
  • shell_mc
    shell_mc Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Definitely stress. "I've had a crap day at work so I really want/need/deserve this [wine, chocolate, whatever there is in the house]."

I'm trying to do something else when that urge hits. Getting a small bit of housework done, watching a show from my DVR, walking the dogs, making some hot tea...these are all things that can help.

Or sometimes, I just pour a glass of wine and track it, and try to keep it to just one glass..