Protein? How much is too much for me?

Options
Hey guys I'm really scared that I'm eating too much protein cause I know too much can turn into fat(correct me if I'm wrong) and I really need to lose weight. Also how much of everything else should I. Have to lose weight?

Replies

• joshdann
    joshdann Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Hey guys I'm really scared that I'm eating too much protein cause I know too much can turn into fat(correct me if I'm wrong) and I really need to lose weight. Also how much of everything else should I. Have to lose weight?
    too much of any type of calorie will be stored as fat. Protein is not immune to that, but it also is not more prone to it. You should be getting about 1g of protein per lb of LBM. More is okay.

While it is technically possible to get too much protein, you'd have to be eating a whole lot more than most people will be able to while maintaining a deficit. IMO, you should not worry about "too much protein". Just worry about too many calories.
  • willdob3
    willdob3 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    too much of any type of calorie will be stored as fat. Protein is not immune to that, but it also is not more prone to it. You should be getting about 1g of protein per lb of LBM. More is okay.

While it is technically possible to get too much protein, you'd have to be eating a whole lot more than most people will be able to while maintaining a deficit. IMO, you should not worry about "too much protein". Just worry about too many calories.

Good post.