BAD HABITS HELP

Options
I've recently lost 45 pounds. Going from almost 245 to 190-195 right now but lately my diet has been terrible in the last two weeks. I don't know what's wrong because I feel like I'm just going to gain all of my weigh back. I can't get back on track. I wanna lose 20 more by December. And be 150 by April. I'm so upset with myself. I don't know how to get back on track. Plus, I've only dropped one maybe two if I squeeze, pant sizes. Is this normal? I wish I dropped a little more after almost a -50 lb difference

Replies

• cj731
    cj731 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi there!
    I feel your pain - over the past couple of months I've taken a week or so off here and there, and had a few absolute blow out weekends. I've had times where I just felt like I couldn't stop eating and I just craved junk like crazy. Even last Thursday and Friday I completely stuffed myself full of chocolate, burgers, donuts and fried foods. Not good!
    What I've found really helps to get me back on track after a bad period is a fast day. It's not particularly fun, but since I've loaded up on food the day before I don't really feel like I'm starving. If you can manage 24 hours on only 500 cals or so, you'll see a drop on the scale again. Sure it's just water or clearing out the food from the previous day, but it's still a boost to see a lower number on the scale. The next day when I can eat properly again, I find it easier to make better choices since everything seems to be more enjoyable after limiting yourself. I also seem to regain my sense of satiety, which I totally lose on blow out sessions.
    I also find a decent breakfast with proteins and fats seems to help me fell fuller for longer and stops me over-eating throughout the day. Adding unsweetened cranberry juice to my water also helps to get rid of bloating and stops me craving soft drinks (major Coke Zero / Pepsi Max fan here) so might be beneficial for helping you to keep your water retention down.
    All just suggestions that work alright for me, hope some are helpful! Best of luck finding what works for you and keeping on track to lose those pounds :) you've done a fantastic job so far, you'll be on your way again soon enough.
  • Grace215lbs
    Grace215lbs Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    It's okay! We've all been there hun. Hop back up on that horse and keep on going as you have done such an amazing job so far!!!! Join a group on here for goals. log everything you eat everyday! Drink 6-8 glasses of water. Stay under cal and excercise the amount you are happy with. You will do this! baby steps ;3 goodluck!