new to dieting/exercise, can you help?

Options
Hello!

I'm fairly new to dieting and working out. I mean I've tried before but it's only lasted a few days. I'm an extremely picky eater and I'm not sure what to eat*, how many times to eat a day, what times to eat, ect...

For exercise, does anyone know anything that will help get rid of back rolls, love handles, double chin, and tone arms? Or any effective exercises you do that show good results?

I also am not sure how to incorporate any supplements into what I eat or I don't even know if I need them.

*diet consists of-
veggies- pickles, tomatoes, cucumbers, salad, red peppers
fruit- any except bananas and pears
meat- grilled chicken or steak (NO SEAFOOD OR LUNCH MEAT)

Replies

• joshdann
    joshdann Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    there are no exercises to reduce any particular part of your fat mass. You must burn it off as a whole.

Also, forget about supplements unless you mean multivitamins. Possibly also protein shakes, if you have problems meeting that macro. Other than that... just eat less and move more. Rinse and repeat.
  • marchzebra
    Options
    do you have any suggestions for work outs? if i run and lift weights is that a good workout?
  • joshdann
    joshdann Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Lifting heavy (for you) weights with some mild cardio is generally the best plan for body recomposition. Running is great if you enjoy it and/or are planning to run as a hobby. For pure weight loss though, heavy weights are more effective for many reasons that are detailed in many threads here on MFP. Really it's all about what you enjoy. Just be active in whatever way you like, and keep doing it.

Good luck!