over 50 years old

Options
anyone over 50 years old with weight loss pics.

Replies

• boatsie77
    boatsie77 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    58 years young, 1 year, 236 to 154. Currently in maintenance for the past 6 months. Training for a 1/2 marathon in November.

used MFP logging food & exercise. I don't do the 'friending' thing, but my sister was my Pal.
    sidebyside_zps0caf1666.jpg

Here's my story and additional photos: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/992718-58-year-old-goddess-completes-1st-5k-mud-run

You can do this at any age...make your commitment to a healthy lifestyle now!
  • sydneyplainjane
    sydneyplainjane Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    58 years young, 1 year, 236 to 154. Currently in maintenance for the past 6 months. Training for a 1/2 marathon in November.

used MFP logging food & exercise. I don't do the 'friending' thing, but my sister was my Pal.
    sidebyside_zps0caf1666.jpg

Here's my story and additional photos: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/992718-58-year-old-goddess-completes-1st-5k-mud-run

You can do this at any age...make your commitment to a healthy lifestyle now!

Wow, your before picture is almost how I am now (except I'm about 30 pounds more). You give me hope!
  • loudunn1
    Options
    Thank you for the pics. It is really motivating! You look great. I think maybe I can do this.:smile:
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    Congrats and nice to hear your in maintenance mode as well. You go Girl.
  • 1yoyoKAT
    1yoyoKAT Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I am 55 and have lost 138 pounds so far, and totally improved my health. I am committed to a healthy lifestyle, this is not some kind of temporary diet for me. I feel better than I have in decades!

Here is the story of my first year on MFP and some of the strategies I used to lose 126 pounds: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1075986-55-years-old-1-year-126-pounds-lost
    And here is the story when I moved from Obese to Overweight: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1102293-bye-bye-obesity-400-days-135-pounds-lost-with-pics

5d1p5h.jpg

Hope this motivates you, we can do this at any age, it's never too late to change your life! :flowerforyou:
  • jb_2011
    jb_2011 Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    I turned 59 today. Lost 67 pounds in a year and half, counting calories and walking. Been maintaining for a year, up a few, down a few. Want to lose a little more!
    2010to2013.jpg
  • melfitnesspal13
    melfitnesspal13 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, loved your pics! I am not so bold.

In my 50's and since Mar 2013 have lost 66 lbs. How? Exercising hard (35-60 min per day) 6 days a week, doing Hip Hop Abs at least 3 of those days, watching my portion sizes with my new kitchen scale most of all replacing all my drinks except my morning coffee with water. No magic, no pills, just hard work. I also joined the most incredible fit group, with excellent support. Still very far from my goal but I got a heck-of-a headstart!!! I'm very excited.

:flowerforyou:
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I cant post pics from work, but you can see my profile one. Fifty one years old, I have been logging on here since the beginning of January, and have have lost 92 pounds. I still have 25-30 to go.
  • Raindrop_
    Raindrop_ Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting the pics! You do look really awesome. It gives us fat gals hope afterall! Keep up the good work. :smile:

Oh, if any of you "over 50 years old", would want a pal/buddy to help motivate or encourage, I'm open to friend requests. I'm struggling on just getting started, and could use someone's else's expert opinion. I've got my new bathroom scales moving with this lifestyle change, but it's still going in the wrong direction!!! Help!!!
  • owinoc
    owinoc Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    today is my second day and omg you all look awesome!!!!!! thank you so much! there is hope for me!
  • Spreyton22K
    Spreyton22K Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Hi There!!!

I'm 51 and started out at 126kg now down to 50kg.....some done before starting MFP and the last part using the resources of this site.
    I posted info about me and where I've been and my experiences under the heading of "My Fat History" in the Success section.

Wishing everyone great success with their own transformations no matter what challenges we face.:flowerforyou:
    a-coat.jpg

b-garden.jpg

c-dress.jpg

d-profile.jpg
  • Spreyton22K
    Spreyton22K Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Keat_Teak
    Options
    can someone tell me how you "join" a particular board/community page here? or do you just post?? I am brand new to site, thanks!
    53949230.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • melfitnesspal13
    melfitnesspal13 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Hi There!!!

I'm 51 and started out at 126kg now down to 50kg.....some done before starting MFP and the last part using the resources of this site.
    I posted info about me and where I've been and my experiences under the heading of "My Fat History" in the Success section.

Wishing everyone great success with their own transformations no matter what challenges we face.:flowerforyou:
    a-coat.jpg

b-garden.jpg

c-dress.jpg

d-profile.jpg

Holy cow!!! fantastic!

:flowerforyou:
  • Slrajr
    Slrajr Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    So much awesomeness here:)!!!
  • wendyg311
    wendyg311 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Thank you Everyone for posting . You all look great!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!