How to remove the temptation of chocolate...

Options
Sometimes can't resist the chocolate bar or sweet....what to do? ways to deal with the moment of weakness??? any reccomendations?

Replies

• NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Have some of the best chocolate you can find and eat it! dont mess with the stuff that wont satisfy.. why bother. just budget your calories for it and enjoy.
  • chaoticrunner
    chaoticrunner Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Go for dark chocolate! Supposedly heart healthy. And if you love chocolate, removing it from your diet isn't a good plan.
  • Camera_BagintheUK
    Camera_BagintheUK Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    No reason you can't enjoy a little bit of chocolate once in a while!

I deal with it by checking my calories, and making the decision about whether or not I think I can afford it. But I don't view it as weakness at all - and I don't feel guilty.

Eat your chocolate - but in moderation and in a conscious way.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Eat it, log it and realize later why you don't have enough calories left for dinner. Or budget it in.
  • KateK8LoseW8
    KateK8LoseW8 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Make it fit in your calorie budget.
  • SairahRose
    SairahRose Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I think I'm echoing the others - make it fit, or go over and fix it over the next couple of days.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Sometimes can't resist the chocolate bar or sweet....what to do? ways to deal with the moment of weakness??? any reccomendations?
    Have a small piece, log it in, and call it a day. :smile:

You have the control, not that yummy chocolate bar calling out to you. :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • bert16
    bert16 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Yep - eat it... no reason to deprive yourself of something you love. In order to help with portion control, I'll frequently buy it in small servings (e.g., those Ghirardelli chocolate squares that are individually wrapped are frequently in my pantry!), though I'll sometimes buy a larger bar of really yummy dark chocolate and just eat a few squares after dinner.
  • sunsetzen
    sunsetzen Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Eat it! I buy dark chocolate, because its impossible for me to eat too much because its bitter and strong after a couple of bites. Plus its good for you ;)
  • kazsjourney
    kazsjourney Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I incorporate some chocolate into most days...im just not willing to give it up :)
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    If you cook, it's a good opportunity to make healthy muffins, etc with chocolate chips. They are really wonderful all hot with gooey chips :)

But I don't bake that often, so I also go with very dark chocolate or this fruit/nut/seed/chocolate chip trail mix that I make as lunch or breakfast, basically. Fruits, nuts and chocolate are my top 3 food groups :D (Cheese is 4th).
  • joshdann
    joshdann Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I deal with sweet temptations by walking to go get them. I burn more calories than I eat. Example: the 7-11 near me is almost exactly 2 miles away. I love their chocolate chunk cookies. A 2-pack of them is 420 calories. Walking there and back burns just over 800 calories according to my HRM. That number might be high (or it might not, I'm a big guy) but it's not off far enough for the trip to be a net positive in calories. Exercise done, treat eaten, and deficit increased. Makes me happy.
  • LorienAnduin
    Options
    I found a dark chocolate sweetened by stevia. It is Lily's brand. I really enjoy it and don't feel bad because there is no refined sugar in it. Sweetness is not the enemy. Sweet fruits and vegetables have essential nutrients and are very clearly part of a healthy diet.
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Try sugar free chocolate, which tastes like regular chocolate to me. Even major brands like Hershey's makes it. Some ppl are sensitive to the sugar alcohols that it's made with, so you can't have so much of it at one time or you'll get really sick.
  • TRD66
    TRD66 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    If you want a bit, have it and budget it in. However, if you want to completely remove the temptation I suggest brushing your teeth. I can eat or drink anything after doing that as it just tastes wrong.
  • Aishteru85
    Aishteru85 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I dont remove them. I opt for sugarless, low carb and gluten free that is considerably low in cal alternatives..slightly more expensive but worth every penny IMO. tastes just as good if not better :smile:
  • sybrix
    sybrix Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Just eat your chocolate! Skinny Cow brand by Nestlé makes low calorie chocolate treats in portion control packs. I love the heavenly crisp bars, they are only 110 calories per bar. The chocolate caramels are also pretty yummy, those come in 130 calorie packs.
  • oreogirl168
    oreogirl168 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    this might be a little morbid, but I look at fitspo pictures of insanely fit people and I tell myself if I eat that I won't ever look that way. always keeps me running away from the sweets :)
  • joshdann
    joshdann Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    this might be a little morbid, but I look at fitspo pictures of insanely fit people and I tell myself if I eat that I won't ever look that way. always keeps me running away from the sweets :)
    I don't see what that has to do with death.
  • ELEANOR43da
    ELEANOR43da Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Not generally something that bothers me ,but occasionally I have that 2 pieces of Kit Kat and I never feel guilty. I'm sure I could eat a lot worse. Walk a little extra if your concerned .