How do you handle resigning from your job?

JcMey3r
JcMey3r Posts: 431 Member
I have to resign today and for some reason I just hate doing it. I've only resigned once before but always feels a tad stressful.

How do you guys feel when resigning?

Replies

• Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    I can't post it from my phone, but there was a young lady who decided to film herself dancing round her bosses office as a resignation vid recently. Personally, I'd just go with the standard "I've loved working here but I feel the time has come for me to move on". Plus lots of I'll miss the team, & I've learnt so much blah blah format. Then skip out the door brandishing a glowing reference.
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    I always feel a bit nervous about resigning, even when I am sure I am doing the right thing (usually the case). Most of the time it has gone well, but a couple of the exit interviews were a bit awkward, because I gave them honest feedback about the reasons for my departure.

Hopefully you are leaving on good terms. Just get it over with and move on. :)
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    What is the cause of the stress? Like you don't wanna leave or you like your job too much? or you don't have a new job?
  • shauner03
    shauner03 Posts: 21 Member
    That's the beauty of at-will employment. No need to explain anything. Just do it.