HELP! There is chocolate cake staring at me!!!!

So a coworker has brought some yummy chocolate cake to work today and everyone is on about how delicious it is! I haven't even looked at it yet, but it's just there and I can't stop thinking about it! HELP!! lol

The only thing motivating me is the fact that I weighed myself this morning and I had lost weight and I don't want to gain it all back!!!

Replies

• Scoochie1
    Scoochie1 Posts: 121 Member
    Oh have a little skinny slice and go for a 15 minute walk at lunchtime:smile:
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member

^^ this :-D
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    So a coworker has brought some yummy chocolate cake to work today and everyone is on about how delicious it is! I haven't even looked at it yet, but it's just there and I can't stop thinking about it! HELP!! lol

The only thing motivating me is the fact that I weighed myself this morning and I had lost weight and I don't want to gain it all back!!!

IIFYM, eat the cake...
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Have some if you want it, one slice of chocolate cake will not make you gain 13 lbs back. Or, you know, don't. :flowerforyou:
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member

^^ this :-D
    Not this. You don't need to use exercise to make you feel better about eating food.
  • walk away, dont do it.
  • tyediri
    tyediri Posts: 183 Member
    Yay! Thanks people! I will eat a tiny skinny slice and dance a little bit harder during zumba tonight! :)

Nom nom! :)

xxx
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    I'd eat the cake, and enjoy it, and NOT do exercise, thats like punishment for eating cake.

I'd just fit it in my macros.

i save exercise for fun and enjoyment.. not for punishment.
  • Mini_horse_lover
    Mini_horse_lover Posts: 178 Member
    I wouldn't have any. It might be too yummy that you go have more!
    ^ That is my problem anyway.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Eat a piece of cake. Make it work in your day. Enjoy it and then move on.

Although a lot of people will tell you to exercise it away - try not to fall into the trap of making exercise a punishment for eating. Your goal should be a healthy, balanced life. Not a life of rewards and punishments. Just my opinion.
  • PJ64
    PJ64 Posts: 866 Member
    Walk away, remove yourself. "If you hang around a barber shop your gonna get a haircut!"
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    a slice of chocolate cake is not going to make you gain all the weight back.

if you really want a small piece then have some, as long as you under your calorie goal for the day you will be fine..
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    I'd eat the cake, and enjoy it, and NOT do exercise, thats like punishment for eating cake.

I also exercise for FUN and not punishment... :-D
  • tyediri
    tyediri Posts: 183 Member
    Thanks all! I had a tiny piece and found it a bit too rich. Definitely not tempted for more. lol

Yes, I agree that using exercise for punishment is not a good idea. I enjoy Zumba though, and I was umm-ing and arr-ing about doing it tonight as I'm hurting from Body Pump last Friday (yes it's been 3 days. Grrr). The cake helped me decide that I WILL do Zumba so that I stay within my calorie goal. :) I do enjoy some booty shakin!!! :) x
  • Mitzigan94
    Mitzigan94 Posts: 393 Member

• Vex3521
    Vex3521 Posts: 385 Member
    Good for you on having that cake =) I don't think we need to punish ourselves for a little treat either.
  • colortheworld
    colortheworld Posts: 374 Member
    Thanks all! I had a tiny piece and found it a bit too rich. Definitely not tempted for more. lol

Yes, I agree that using exercise for punishment is not a good idea. I enjoy Zumba though, and I was umm-ing and arr-ing about doing it tonight as I'm hurting from Body Pump last Friday (yes it's been 3 days. Grrr). The cake helped me decide that I WILL do Zumba so that I stay within my calorie goal. :) I do enjoy some booty shakin!!! :) x

Great attitude!!! :flowerforyou:
  • I wish i had some chocolate cake! :love:
  • I would have to say no once I have a little I might not stop.
  • sreed016
    sreed016 Posts: 97 Member
    I am with you - just a nibble usually is enough to satisfy the craving without going crazy over it.

Good luck to you!