High heels?

Options
Ok so I dont know if its just me or if its in every girl who is overweight, but I want to wear high heels... exspecially those cute nude ones... but if I wear them more than 1/2 hr my feet are killing me... any ideas or advice?? If I loose about 50lbs would it make a difference if I was to wear heels then?????

Replies

• ZealousMissJJ
    ZealousMissJJ Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Yes, it does make a difference :). But you also have to wear them more often to get used to them. And buy good quality; it makes all the difference.

Whichever way; high heels will always hurt a little. But they're SO worth it :wink:
  • duvella
    duvella Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I worked in footwear, and the main thing with heels is the pitch. If they are pitched too high, one they are hard to walk in and two, they put way too much pressure on your toes and front of your foot. No matter what your size, if the pitch is too high for you, your feet/legs will suffer. Make sure they fit well and are comfortable, you can always buy inner soles for extra comfort. There are plenty of options of different heights and styles, you'll find a pair that suits your needs, you'll be able to run miles in them.. Heels are the easiest way to make you feel better about yourself. I love them!
  • Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I have always loved high, sexy heels, but could not wear them when I gained weight. Once I lost weight, I could wear them again.
  • Nyksta
    Nyksta Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Loosing weight will help because you will not be putting so much weight onto the small area of your foot.

I am wearing heels much more than I used to and can through pretty much the whole day with no problems.

I woudl suggest started with a small heels and taking pumps or somethign you can change into duringt he day.

I LOVE the fact that I can wear heels now (and dresses :D). Only I need to win the lottery so I can fund my new passion LOL

Nyk
  • crystalrp
    crystalrp Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE high heels! Shoes are sort of my "thing". I love being a shoe diva! :) They really do make you feel sexy when you wear them, as long as you have practiced walking in them so you don't look like you are about to fall down! :) Have fun!
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Totally agree on the wear more often to get used to them. I also swear by the gel inserts (party feet).
  • Camera_BagintheUK
    Camera_BagintheUK Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Ok so I dont know if its just me or if its in every girl who is overweight, but I want to wear high heels... exspecially those cute nude ones... but if I wear them more than 1/2 hr my feet are killing me... any ideas or advice?? If I loose about 50lbs would it make a difference if I was to wear heels then?????

I don't wear killer heels, and for a long time haven't really worn any kind of heel really, but I do have a pair of Clarkes boots that I got last year with a couple of inch heels, I LOVE them to bits!

This time last year, I couldn't wear them to go round town shopping in - my feet would be screaming at me, and wanting to explode! Now, I walk into town, all round town and home again before my feet feel uncomfortable! So yes, less weight definitely makes them easier to wear.

But also, because they're Clarkes they're a 4½(UK). Normally I have to wear a 5 because shoes are so narrow, and half sizes aren't available. Even last year, before the weight loss, I found these boots more comfy than other heels I'd tried, because they fitted properly, and my heels were taking the weight properly, instead of all the weight pressing on the balls of my feet.

So yes - weight off, big big difference, but also, get them properly fitted and don't buy ones that aren't exactly right, then you'll be in killer heels all night!

ETA

Also, in the summer I went a bit mad and bought these:

2aae7d52-8649-499b-958a-e07b196f2cf5_zps54336b15.jpg

They're not the highest heels in the world, but they're high for me! Completely bonkers! Never had shoes like this before that I could wear unless sitting down! I wore them to a friends birthday in June, and I felt like a million dollars and I STOOD all night in them chatting to people, and hardly noticed I was wearing them. In fact, I felt cheated when it was time to go to bed and I had to take them off!
  • Corinne_Howland
    Corinne_Howland Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    One way to give you the high heal look with the pitch is to look for a platform. Even a 3/4" platform with a 3 inch heal with look awesome. I'm all about the shoe!!! They make your legs look longer, thinner and make you walk with confidence! Very sexy!
  • dawnmcneil10
    dawnmcneil10 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    I worked in footwear, and the main thing with heels is the pitch. If they are pitched too high, one they are hard to walk in and two, they put way too much pressure on your toes and front of your foot. No matter what your size, if the pitch is too high for you, your feet/legs will suffer. Make sure they fit well and are comfortable, you can always buy inner soles for extra comfort. There are plenty of options of different heights and styles, you'll find a pair that suits your needs, you'll be able to run miles in them.. Heels are the easiest way to make you feel better about yourself. I love them!

Exactly! I love my heels and have worn then at my heaviest and continue to wear them. I carry around heavy computer equipment, crawl around in basements and generally run about all day long with no foot pain but they have to fit your feet.
  • Camera_BagintheUK
    Camera_BagintheUK Posts: 707 Member
    Options

I LOVE the fact that I can wear heels now (and dresses :D). Only I need to win the lottery so I can fund my new passion LOL

Nyk

Yeahyeahyeah!!!! Dead right! A new world has opened up, and it's 2" to 3" higher than before :bigsmile: