Hello Everyone

Options
Hello,
I am new to trying anything like this. I am a nurse and shame on me for gaining all the weight that I have. Of all people, I should know better. I have always worked night shift and flipped and flopped from days to nights each week. I use that as an excuse, but again I do know better. I am nervous about trying this but excited at the same time. Wish me luck...

Replies

• catwahkar
    Options
    Good luck with your weight loss Brenrn. I understand what you are going through. I too am a night shift nurse and used my schedule as an excuse not to exercise. You're right. As nurses, we see everyday the end results to unhealthy eating and lack of exercise. I propose we should do better at taking care of ourselves:laugh:
  • sjaudio
    sjaudio Posts: 52
    Options
    Welcome to the site. I think you'll find a lot of incredibly supportive people here (as well as a very useful website). As long as you can be honest with yourself, you'll do just fine.

Good luck!
  • JayneWilson1963
    JayneWilson1963 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I have been on MFP for 3 months, starting my 4th. It's the best decision I have made in many years. I have lost weight with diets many times before, but it was never a lifestyle change. This time is different; it's a lifestyle change, not a diet. Good luck on your weight loss journey. Please feel free to add me as a friend; we can help motivate each other.
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have been on here since the end of April and strongly recommend getting friends for support, logging everything ( yes everything) signing up to a group or two and congratulating yourself regularly on your determination to sort this out!

Good luck
  • Beebee78
    Beebee78 Posts: 703
    Options
    Good luck on your journey - you will find no end of support here xxx
  • ketagirl
    ketagirl Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    HELLO EVERYONE I AM NEW TO MFP AND TRYING TO STAY MOTIVATE ON LOSING WEIGHT I HOPE THIS TOOL WILL HELP ME ON MY JOURNAY.
  • dlmarkley66
    Options
    I am also a night shift nurse! It has caused a 55# wt. gain over the past 2 yrs. Not acceptable. So here I am as well. I am also hoping this will help my socialization. I don't do much of that, by myself in my basement every night, taking medical phone calls. It's a great job, but it's now time to wake up and get with the weight loss! Welcome to the site and food luck to you.