Protein Powder

Options
So It's that time again where I need to purchase more protein powder. How the internet knows this is kind of scary...
Got some email about this "great tasting and AMAZING" protein powder called Bio Trust. Anyone hear of it?
Should I just repurchase my powder at COSTCO?
Any recommendations on truly great quality and taste protein powder???

Replies

• JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    I would look at the nutritional info and see if it suits what you're looking for.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Meh, I just buy Body fortress at Walmart. I hear good things about Optimum Nutrition.
  • camiah
    camiah Posts: 146
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition is pretty good. The chocolate powder blended with frozen raspberries and sugar free vanilla almond milk is pretty tasty to me. I've had a couple of other flavors that were pretty good too (vanilla and cookies and creme, I think);.
  • RebekahR84
    RebekahR84 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    My favorite protein drink is the pre-mixed Pure Protein in a can. 35 grams of protein and only 1 carb. And they taste pretty darn good. I can never ge the powder to mix up all the way, even using a blender!
  • mari0605
    mari0605 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Try this...Prime Protein - It's delicious and that's because I only add water and ice! :drinker:
    From the website: Prime Protein is a 100% natural plant based superfood that delivers the essential amino acids, omegas & proteins your body deserves on a daily basis. 15g protein per serving, 140 Cal per serving (1 scoop), Non GMO, Nothing Artificial, Soy Free, Dairy Free, Gluten Free

http://www.primemybody.com/products/prime-plant-based-protein-superfood

I'm currently doing their 20 day challenge

mari0605
  • AmykinsCatfood
    AmykinsCatfood Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Meh, I just buy Body fortress at Walmart. I hear good things about Optimum Nutrition.

Cookies & Cream!!
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    I'm in love with Trutein peanut butter cup <3
  • JDubIsShrinking
    JDubIsShrinking Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I just bought vanilla Pure Protein in a can - I have been adding some PB2 (powdered peanut butter) to make it like a peanut butter shake. It's PRETTY tasty.
  • whitlisd
    Options
    Shakeology is my new gem! Amazing stuff.
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Taste of protein is a very personal thing.. I personally cannot stand ON but some people like it.
    I would never pay for shakeology when there are so many cheaper options that taste great -- you just have to figure out what you like and how to mix it and you're set.

Here are some ideas of where to get samples:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/MissMaryMac33/view/protein-samples-101-260411

I pretty much get the same thing these days.. chocolate, mixed with decaf coffee and almond milk.. my version of starbucks only its better :)
  • shannonshay1
    shannonshay1 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    My favoriate is Visalus. Not a fan of their marketing but as a product it tastes really good. I also like Hexopro by Allmax.

http://www.allmaxnutrition.com/products-type/hexapro
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition Mocha Cappuccino and Extreme Milk Chocolate are very tasty.
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    So It's that time again where I need to purchase more protein powder. How the internet knows this is kind of scary...
    Got some email about this "great tasting and AMAZING" protein powder called Bio Trust. Anyone hear of it?
    Should I just repurchase my powder at COSTCO?
    Any recommendations on truly great quality and taste protein powder???

Get something from a well known, popular brand... Chances are, smaller brands are either filled with fillers or are simply just no good