Chilean miners

Options
Amazing to see the Chilean miners being pulled out that hole in the ground today. Well done to the rescue team and everyone involved. The newsreader said it was like these men were being reborn and getting a 2nd chance in life. Made me think about myself and my fitness pals here. We've all got that chance to make the change today. To change our lives for the better. It's in our hands. Today I'll be thinking about how those men are feeling. In the coming days they've got the chance to say the things they've never got round to saying. To hug the people they never got round to hugging. To do the things and to make the changes they never got round to making. You've got it too!!

Hugs to all my fitness pals
Today is a great day!!

Ally

Replies

• rosef17
    rosef17 Posts: 89
    Options
    Hugs to you too and all MFPers!!:flowerforyou: It is wonderful seeing the miners being rescued. They will be in my thoughts and prayers today and in the coming months.
  • zoeco33
    zoeco33 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean....I was at the gym this morning watching the 9th miner come up and get on his knees to pray (after hugging his wife), Amazing...I had tears in my eyes and I thought the same thing about his/ their lives. We really can't take a minute for granted.
    Can't wait to see all the rest safe and in their loved ones arms....
  • iamdesiderata
    iamdesiderata Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    It was definitely an incredible sight, something that has so much more value than the initial reaction. Made me appreciate my life - and I think we can all take away something from this and apply it to our own lives.

Thank you to the rescue team and everyone who helped! You're in my heart!
  • sadenniston
    sadenniston Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    CHI-CHI-LE-LE...VIVE CHILE!!!! So proud to be a Chilean!! Prayers to their family and the Chilean people!!
  • detrawa
    detrawa Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Beautiful! I love your rebirth metaphor. Watching the miners emerge gave me chills as I witnessed a miracle. This is confirmation that my weight loss goal is obtainable.
  • Cyndi1
    Cyndi1 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    wow it was an amazing sight..God love them all and the helpers as well....you know we do take life for granted and we should be ever thankful for every breathe we can take. I can't imagine how they made it 69 days but they were meant to be hope for this world....
  • bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    With so many things that could have gone wrong, and did, this rescue is miraculous! Life!!! :drinker:
  • madijo41
    madijo41 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your post. It put to words what I was feeling.
  • ropicrdo
    Options
    I am glad to see this post, not only are we concerned about each other but the miners as well.
  • ropicrdo
    Options
    I am glad to see this post, not only are we concerned about each other but the miners as well.
  • ropicrdo
    Options
  • brigaby
    brigaby Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wow, love the rebirth metaphor and you've really captured the reverence of the situation. It's such a miracle they survived at all. They joy they all must be experiencing is a little overpowering. My thoughts and prayers are with all involved!