Started out with couch to 5k..

Options
John1610
John1610 Posts: 31 Member
Two months I started with couch to 5k and enjoyed getting into running. The first couple of weeks were a struggle. By week 4 I felt I could more, so ended up adopting a 10k plan, which would be complete in time for a 10k race.

Today I completed the 10k in 53:54, which I am ecstatic about! Managed to do the full thing without stopping.

This just shows the progress that can be achieved when sticking to a goal; I went from only being able to run for 1minute to completing a 10k!

Also, with the running practice and a good diet, I've lost 8lbs in 2 months!

So anyone who is interested in getting fit, I definitely recommend getting into running through the couch to 5k programme or similar programmes, as it is a widely accessible form of exercise, which has contributed significantly to my drop in weight and also my increase in fitness.

Replies

• mrsamanda86
    mrsamanda86 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Good job! I jogged for like 10 minutes straight the other day and was SO proud of myself! I've basically done the same thing as the c25k program just at my own speed. I only do 10 minutes on the treadmill at a time(my trainer has me do 3 different cardio for 10 minutes each between weights) so I just kept maxing my jog time and lowering my recover time. Congrats on the 8 pounds down as well :happy:
  • shoppie
    shoppie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    That's amazing! I started running 2 months ago too, I'm nowhere near as fast though, I still take just over an hour to do 10 k! :blushing: :laugh: Am training for a half marathon on 10 Nov though! :bigsmile:
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success and thanks for the encouragement. :flowerforyou:
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Congrats, that's amazing!

I'm impressed you jumped into a 10k, that is great!
  • joakool
    joakool Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I started with the C25K just over two years ago. I remember my first run when I ran for two minutes straight and I was so proud of myself! I am doing my third Half Marathon next month and am planning on doing a full Marathon next year. And, it all started with that first two minute run! I can't say enough good things about a c25K program to get started in the sport of running. Congratulations to you on your accomplishments ~ you'll be doing a Half Marathon before you know it!
  • John1610
    John1610 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    yeah I remember thinking having to run for 2 minutes was completely daunting, but as long as you take it a step at a time then any distance is achievable!
  • 1aurane
    1aurane Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Well Done ...way to go!!! :smile:
  • maryannelk
    maryannelk Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • garangirl
    Options
    Awesome inspiration =- thanks for sharing! ^_^ I *just* did my first Couch to 5k workout tonight - harder work than I thought. o.0'
  • TMLPatrick
    TMLPatrick Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Congrats! As a recent C25k grad, I am super-impressed that you jumped directly to a 10k plan.... I can't quite imagine going 10k yet....
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!