What do you track?

Options
On your "Food" section. Currently, I track calories, carbs, fat, sodium and sugar... but I would like to have Fiber on there too... So I was just curious on what everyone else tracks in their diary...

Replies

• lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Besides Calories, I track the following categories: carbs, fat, protein, sodium (too much with not enough water = water retention = increased weight on scale) and iron (I've been turned away from giving blood before because I had not been eating enough).
  • totaltexan
    totaltexan Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi Kristy,

I track Cal, Carbs, Fat, Protein and Sugar. I would like to track the Vitamin D but can't figure out how to do that :ohwell:
  • christina1109
    Options
    Hi Kristy,

I track Cal, Carbs, Fat, Protein and Sugar. I would like to track the Vitamin D but can't figure out how to do that :ohwell:

When you are on your Food page click on "Settings" at the top and it has drop down menus so you can choose what you want to track.
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    For now I track protein, calcium, iron, fiber and sugar. I used to track carbs, fat, protein, sodium, and sugar but I started taking vitamins and I wanted to see what I wads already getting from my food.
  • carreen
    carreen Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I track cals, carbs, fat, protein, sodium, sugar, & fiber, and I have daily goals set for each. I would def. add fiber if I were you; I think it's really important.
  • totaltexan
    totaltexan Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks Christina.
    I looked at that, however, I did not see an option for Vitamin D. There is an option for vitamins a and c, but not d.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    I track carbs, protein, fat, and sodium. I try to keep my sodium intake under 2300 mg per day, so that I'm not screaming at the scale.
  • therobinator
    therobinator Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    I am currently tracking Calories, Carbs, Fat, Protein, Fiber, and Cholesterol. I would also like to add Sodium to that, but it only gives you 6 slots to use. Grrrrr.

Maybe I will swap out Protein for the Sodium, since I always get more than enough Protein and it's not something I am trying to limit, whereas I would want to limit Sodium and therefore should see it on the tracker.
  • Kristy1214
    Options
    That's a good point about the protein... thanks everyone!!
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I track cals, carbs, fat, protein, sodium, sugar, & fiber, and I have daily goals set for each. I would def. add fiber if I were you; I think it's really important.
    Fiber is a good idea to keep you regular which helps expel waste your body doesn't want. Two things to remember when eating fiber though: increasing fiber can cause gas and if you don't drink enough water it will actually make you constipated.