Another Milestone!

Options
Wow! Couldn't believe this one ...

Seven or so years ago I bought a short leather jacket in a UK Size 20 and wore it just once, for one of those studio photographic shoots you get tempted by every now and then (bought as a Christmas gift for my sister, and I went along). I wore it just ONCE. I could only just do up some of the buttons, and wouldn't even try on others.

Every now and again - especially since I've been losing more weight this year - I've tried it on and put it back on the hanger with a "Not yet <sigh>".

Today, as I put on the skirt I wore with it at the shoot, I had to adjust the skirt down from waist to just above my hips as it was too big so I thought "Mmm... black leather jacket?" so I tried it on - knowing, of course, that it would still be too small for me.

WAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYY! It fit, with all the buttons done up, too! So, even though I was only going to wear it to, in, and from the car to get to my office, I have worn it *seriously* for the first time today. As a proper garment and not as a "prop". :glasses:

Boy! Does that feel good?! I was actually going to text my sister who's away on holiday at the moment, to tell her and I thought, "No, gonna wait 'til she gets back and just wear it when I see her next."

I feel so darn' CHUFFED :bigsmile: :blushing:

Replies

• bceltic
    bceltic Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    " As a proper garment and not as a "prop"." I love that, and get it! congrats, what a great feeling!
  • penelopeyvonne
    penelopeyvonne Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    " As a proper garment and not as a "prop"." I love that, and get it! congrats, what a great feeling!

Yeah, props are the stuff you wear and can't breathe or sit in, or hold your stomach in all the time, or really are that one or two sizes too small!

Thank you so much for the congrats!
  • Nyksta
    Nyksta Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Brilliant :) well done you!
  • mellieinkc
    Options
    :flowerforyou: WOOHOO and congrats!! Never forget that feeling! When you want to give up and you want to eat everything in site remember this day!!

And thanks for sharing. I can see it and it makes me motivated too!
  • penelopeyvonne
    Options
    :flowerforyou: WOOHOO and congrats!! Never forget that feeling! When you want to give up and you want to eat everything in site remember this day!!

And thanks for sharing. I can see it and it makes me motivated too!

Thanks, Hon. And sorry for not replying sooner - I've been away on holiday and have been soooooo busy back at work playing catch-up! I put on weight on holiday (lack of exercise, not tooooo much over-indulgence!) but have managed to lose 6 of the 9lbs that went on in just a week. Good to know that I *can* do it!!
  • applepie161987
    Options
    It is the best feeling in the world! Way to go!

I have a pair of shorts that I kept trying on, they finally fit and buttoned this summer. I think I actually jumped for joy lol.
  • sharon75uk
    sharon75uk Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    well done :)
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    fantastic and congratulations!!!! I know how you feel. I bought 2 really nice suits from a consignment shop. Not expensive but really good labels. They didn't fit but I thought if I couldn't wear them I would give them away (too gorgeous to leave behind). Never fit and then last weekend for the "hell of it", I tried them on and they BOTH FIT ;-) So huge congrats to you and I'll bet you're still smiling :wink: :flowerforyou: :love: :smile:
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! I love the feeling of wearing cute things again.
  • spookiefox
    spookiefox Posts: 215 Member
    Options

Yeah, props are the stuff you wear and can't breathe or sit in, or hold your stomach in all the time, or really are that one or two sizes too small!

Thank you so much for the congrats!

If that is the definition of "prop" then I never, ever, ever wear "props." Life is too short to put it off until I'm a particular size. I also never wear heels. If "beauty" requires pain and foot damage, I just don't care to be beautiful.
  • penelopeyvonne
    Options
    fantastic and congratulations!!!! I know how you feel. I bought 2 really nice suits from a consignment shop. Not expensive but really good labels. They didn't fit but I thought if I couldn't wear them I would give them away (too gorgeous to leave behind). Never fit and then last weekend for the "hell of it", I tried them on and they BOTH FIT ;-) So huge congrats to you and I'll bet you're still smiling :wink: :flowerforyou: :love: :smile:

Well done! That is SUCH a great feeling!!
  • penelopeyvonne
    Options
    " If that is the definition of "prop" then I never, ever, ever wear "props." Life is too short to put it off until I'm a particular size. I also never wear heels. If "beauty" requires pain and foot damage, I just don't care to be beautiful.

Ooh, I almost always wear heels... l only wear flats if I'm on my hols and walking a lot. I twisted my knee a couple of years back (nothing to do with heels!) and went to work the next day with crutches, and in flats. One of the guys saw me and "reported" back to the rest of the Department "Penny's wearing flat shoes". Not, "Penny's using crutches" but wearing flats!!

I guess it's a reputational thing! :blushing:
  • BobcatGirl110
    BobcatGirl110 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    woooo whooooo! I think that's a great milestone :) Rock that leather GARMENT and throw away those PROPS :drinker:
  • penelopeyvonne
    Options
    woooo whooooo! I think that's a great milestone :) Rock that leather GARMENT and throw away those PROPS :drinker:

Seconded! I want to wear it all the time now and had to resist it this morning... :glasses: