Please Help!!

Options
I don't know what is going wrong. I'm eating better than ever, I've been working out more regularly with a distance running plan mixed with some cross training. And somehow I'm gaining a bunch of belly fat?? I don't know what to do differently! I just started a sit down job, but I've cut some calories and added some extra time to my workout to counteract that. I should still be losing weight, not gaining it! I really don't know what to do. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    1) Are you weighing everything?
    2) How active where you before you started your new job?
    3) Are your measurements actually getting bigger in the belly or is it just how you perceive yourself in the mirror?
    4) Is it possible bloating?
    5) How long has this been going on? (A week, could be water retention....longer than that might need to look more closely at calories consumed and how many calories your burning with exercise)
    6) Are you logging consistently?
  • sydneybugg
    Options
    I've been keeping really close track to my calorie intake and exercise, it's been a few weeks. I haven't measured myself, but my jeans are tight! I first thought that I gained weight because I was gaining muscle in my legs from running further, but when I put on my jeans they almost didn't button. Maybe the weight is from my legs, and the jeans issue is just bloating. I'll keep with it another couple weeks and see if it has changed. If not I might have to up my exercise even more. I went from a job where I was on my feet 5-7 hours a day to a job where I'm in a chair 5 hrs a day. Maybe that's the culprit.
  • 33Freya
    33Freya Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Could be bloat from too much wheat, or too much salt. Drink more water.
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you eating? How tall are you?
  • lucan07
    lucan07 Posts: 509
    Options
    Did you change your lifestyle to sedentary when you changed your job if going from standing all day to sitting then the difference would be enough to throw you off course.
  • sydneybugg
    Options
    I have celiac disease, so I don't eat any gluten. I usually drink a gallon of water a day.

I'm 5' 9". I try to stay between 1500 and 1800 calories a day because I run 4 miles on my running day, and work out an hour on my off days.

I have almost doubled my workout time/running distance since I started my sitting job.

Thanks for the ideas. I am starting to think my body is rebelling from the recent sudden changes I've had to make. I'm going to give it a little while longer with the plan I'm on and see if things straighten themselves out. :smile:
  • howardheilweil
    howardheilweil Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Can you open up your diary?