Need a little advice-plateau?

Options
I am currently doing T25 3 days a week (yes, I know that isn't how you are supposed to do it) and running (C25k) 2-3 days a week. I have a bodymedia which says I am burning between 2300-2500 calories per day. I eat 1700 cals on workout days and 1500 on off days.

The last two weeks I haven't lost anything. I just switched my exercise routine pretty recently so I don't think that's it. I am pretty sure I am not eating too much. Any advice?

I am 21, 5'3' and 210.

Replies

• Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options

The last two weeks I haven't lost anything. I just switched my exercise routine pretty recently so I don't think that's it. I am pretty sure I am not eating too much. Any advice?

I am 21, 5'3' and 210.

Changing to a different exercise routine normally you have to give your body some time to adjust.. make sure you are measuring all your food, and at 210 you probably should be getting 150g of protein.. do what your doing for a few more weeks and see.
  • YouMadBro8281
    Options
    You're burning 2300-2500 per day? Hmmm not doubting you but that seems to be off. in addition, if you are burning 2300-2500 are you netting 1700 or is it going -800?
  • SHHitsKaty
    Options
    You're burning 2300-2500 calories A DAY?! Maybe you aren't eating enough.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    It actually very well may have to do with your new exercise routine. You're probably sore, right? Or at least you were the first few times you did your new routine... When your muscle fibers are damaged with microtears during new or higher intensity exercises, these tissues respond by retaining water and glycogen as part of the natural healing process. Just like when you retain water from hormone cycles or too much sodium, this means a stall or even a slight increase on the scale.

Keep up with your exercise routine and make sure you're getting plenty of protein, drinking plenty of water and stretching to help those muscles recover. Give it more time and you'll very likely see a loss.

And take body measurements if you haven't already. These can sometimes be a much better measure of success than going by what the scale says.

P.S. A plateau is technically a minimum of 4 weeks long. You're just going through a stall...happens to all of us.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options

Calorie burns from bodymedia aren't just for exercise like people get from HRMS. 2300-2500 is her TDEE which sounds fairly normal to me.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    if you open your diary (currently it is locked with a key) more people may be able to help you.
  • born2drum
    born2drum Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    The daily calorie burn OP is talking about is her TDEE which means, she is at a 500-700 kcal deficiti which should yield a 1lb weekly loss. Her daily kcal goal is good.
  • joshdann
    joshdann Posts: 618 Member
    Options

Calorie burns from bodymedia aren't just for exercise like people get from HRMS. 2300-2500 is her TDEE which sounds fairly normal to me.
    HRMs are like that too. People often just add the exercise to their normal (resting) burn, but that's not the proper way to do it.
  • AlexusTalbott
    Options
    2300/2500 would be my TDEE, sorry if that wasn't clear. I will tough it out for a few more weeks and see what happens. Thanks for the Advice!