45 LBS down 58 more to GO ... But a FEW NSVs THUS FAR (PICS)

Options
ohaston
ohaston Posts: 218 Member
Well, Im 45 lbs down as of yesterday(06Oct 13) since 20 May 13. Ive really enjoyed this journey. I stay within about 1500 calories a day and do cardio and weight training about 6 days a week. Daily I check out success stories ... what motivation!!!! I am so excited to be on this mission and I look forward to trying on new clothes. In this 45 lb deficit I have gone from pants size 22 to 18 and shirt size 18/20 to 16. OMG what a revelation to go in the store and pick up a smaller size and it actually FITS! I have given myself until December to lose 20 more. Wish me luck and God Bless US ALL!

http://i1330.photobucket.com/albums/w580/ohaston1/d846e84d-36f4-41a9-a533-ab671041f0d1_zpsf637ac5c.jpg

http://i1330.photobucket.com/albums/w580/ohaston1/Picture002_zps64793d37.png

Replies

• ohaston
    Options
    OH crap! Pics didn't come up ... Let me try again!
  • Great_Mazinga
    Great_Mazinga Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    You're doing great. Thanks for sharing!
  • ohaston
    Options
    img}d846e84d-36f4-41a9-a533-ab671041f0d1_zpsf637ac5c.jpg
  • ohaston
    Options
    Picture002_zps64793d37.png
  • SandyeeCorn
    Options
    Great job! Keep it up! I can really see the difference in your face. Your story is encouraging. Thank you for sharing!
  • tumbledownhouse
    tumbledownhouse Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    great job!!
  • wifeyy
    wifeyy Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    well done!!!
  • kowajenn
    kowajenn Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Beautiful! The difference is incredibly noticeable, especially in your face.
  • catrionaprovan
    catrionaprovan Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    great acheivement, well done :):smile:
  • Rai007
    Rai007 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    congrats. and keep on!!
  • bijouchocolat
    bijouchocolat Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Get it woman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • ohaston
    Options
    Thanks a bunch ALL !
    Small NSV ... yet its sorta sad... I purchased these pants that were a little snugg at the end of the season (last summer) and told myself, "just loose about 20 lbs and these will fit great" ... Well I forgot about them until last friday and OMG they are WAY TO BIG. Ok so Im glad about that but I like those pants ( well actually Bermuda Shorts) ... I bought the pants and the shirt ... Both a little snug but on clearance and couldn't let them sit there ... So now what do I do with them??? Give them away to my sis-in-law, who I know has been struggling to lose weight for years .... has gained and lost and gained again OR just take them to goodwill? I mean, wouldn't it be a "SLAP IN THE FACE" to say "hey you want these big pants because they fit you and not MEEEEE" ???

Grrr, how about I get them altered and just keep them myself??? I don't know what to do?
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Thanks a bunch ALL !
    Small NSV ... yet its sorta sad... I purchased these pants that were a little snugg at the end of the season (last summer) and told myself, "just loose about 20 lbs and these will fit great" ... Well I forgot about them until last friday and OMG they are WAY TO BIG. Ok so Im glad about that but I like those pants ( well actually Bermuda Shorts) ... I bought the pants and the shirt ... Both a little snug but on clearance and couldn't let them sit there ... So now what do I do with them??? Give them away to my sis-in-law, who I know has been struggling to lose weight for years .... has gained and lost and gained again OR just take them to goodwill? I mean, wouldn't it be a "SLAP IN THE FACE" to say "hey you want these big pants because they fit you and not MEEEEE" ???

Grrr, how about I get them altered and just keep them myself??? I don't know what to do?

You and I are at the exact same "place"!!! I have also lost 44 and am in a size 16/18 now, but would like to lose 20 lb more by the end of the year and not sure where I wanna be in the end but prob somewhere similar to your goals.

You look great!!! :-)

As for the clothing thing...I think just donate them or sell via consignment or online if you can. I seriously had the EXACT same problem a few months ago, I had a whole bag full of size 20 and 22 capris that were too big on me and I offered them to a friend and she FREAKED OUT. She didn't say anything to me directly but she was all upset about it and embarrassed. I really did not think she would have that kind of reaction, we have similar bodies and have always been close to the same size until I lost this recent weight and she is ALWAYS on a diet...but I felt super bad!!! I thought was doing something nice but it was not taken that way. She had gained enough recently that I don't think she could have worn them, but knowing about her weight loss/gain history I figured she might be able to wear them later. People can be very sensitive. I have been sensitive about my weight in the past too but honestly if someone who was clearly a few sizes smaller than me offered me some size 14 or 16 pants that were too big for them (even though I can't wear 14 yet and a lot of 16 are still tight) I'd jump on that offer. No offense taken whatsoever...

If you really want to offer her the shorts/pants then I'd recommend being really subtle about it if possible. I am usually a very direct person so that is tricky for me and I end up overdoing the subtlety and people don't even get it. hehe Good luck!
  • DivaColumbus
    DivaColumbus Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You go, Girl; you look great!! Keep up the good work......excited for you!!

p,.s. I visit Moble often; I have a niece in Medical School there and a host of other relatives have lived there FOREVER!!
  • FluffyKangaroo
    FluffyKangaroo Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    A very well done! You're looking incredible girl, keep going :D
  • meech2sandy
    Options
    Fantastic Job!!!
  • BlueEyedTXmom
    BlueEyedTXmom Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Great job! As for the clothes I'd sell them on Ebay and buy yourself something new that fits! Treat yourself girl, you deserve it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!