Help on weight loss any advice would be appreciated :)

Options
Hello everyone I'm currently trying to lose weight again it has been really hard for me to lose weight and keep it off. I've been a runner for about 1 year and try to run 4-5 times a week for about 4 miles on top of that I've been doing insanity but I haven't seen any weight loss what so ever. I'm eating pretty healthy 4-5 meals per day and on a day that I do my running and insanity I burn over 1100 calories. I also drink 1 gallon sometimes 1.5 gallons per day. So it seems like I'm trying to do everything right but still no change. Any advice?

Thank you

Replies

• csch79
    csch79 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    What is your calorie intake?
  • howardheilweil
    howardheilweil Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    You will need to unlock your diary.
  • amitchell0918
    Options
    I just started my fitness pal again and my calorie intake is usually between 1500-1800
  • joshdann
    joshdann Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    If you've been running for that long, you almost certainly aren't burning as many calories as you think you are while running. As muscles develop more (as you use them for the same exercises for a long time), they become stronger and more efficient at performing the work. It takes less fuel to that that work.

I suggest trying heavy lifting with compound exercises, increasing your lifting weight as often as possible.
  • amitchell0918
    Options
    thanks I will try to add weight training to my routine. I bought a heart rate monitor so I could keep track of how many calories i'm burning.
  • 4daluvof_candice
    4daluvof_candice Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    You have some good choices in your diary but only 1000 calories....You do a lot for so little intake.