Addicted to EXERCISE! If you need motivation click here!

Options
Hi Everyone!
Boy am I ever loving this site!
I am a Newbie... I love how the end of the day note says " If everyday were like today you will weight ____ in 5 Weeks!
My friend and I went for a hike and got lost for an hour so it ended up being a 3 hour tour!
Boy did we ever burn some calories! If everyday was like that day I would be down 20 Pounds in 5 weeks!
Talk about motivation to work out! LOL What is your favourite workout and how many calories does it burn
on average?
Thanks! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• mreimer102
    mreimer102 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm new here and am very excited. I have been walking on the treadmill, but for no more than 30 minutes, as I have just started . I hope to build up an endurance and walk at least 45 min to an hour. I find that when I see my progress each day and the pounds dropping off, it really motivates me. I am trying to eat every two-three hours to keep my metabolism going, and I find that I am not hungry though, I am actually eating less. I did not like walking on the treadmill much before, but something happened when I started on this protein/fruit shake diet. I hope to keep it up with my walking, then join a gym.
    Melba
  • jessiefied
    Options
    An hour of Zumba = over 500 calories. Fun times!
  • mreimer102
    mreimer102 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Yeah, my sister and I have been walking 3 miles a day, twice a week. Dropped 6 Ibs.
  • leelo2003
    leelo2003 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Well done thats a great weekly lose
  • chad23jl
    chad23jl Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    My favorite workout by far to date was my 1/2 marathon and i burned over 2500 calories doing that 13.1 miles is 2 hrs and 18 minutes!!
  • iysys
    iysys Posts: 524
    Options
    my favorite is 40 minutes on the bike at 20 mph watching trashy reality tv shows on my ipod. :-)
  • diadia1
    diadia1 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    My favorite workout by far to date was my 1/2 marathon and i burned over 2500 calories doing that 13.1 miles is 2 hrs and 18 minutes!!

wow.awesome time and pace.
  • diadia1
    diadia1 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    running 2-3x times a week between 300-600cal.depending on the type and the length of the running(30 min to 1h30 min). at 4.5-6mph.
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Hiking... Planning, training, preparing to do the John Muir Trail next summer or the summer after that 233 miles in ten days or less... Want to next summer but will not kill myself in the preparation or attempt...
  • Cass0422
    Cass0422 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I've definitely enjoyed working out so far. I go by myself and I love the time alone. I use the app Map My Run to track my jogs/walks and everyday I try to beat my mile time from the day before. (I'm at 15 minutes a mile so far!) Anyway, I'm totally with you on the exercise thing.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    ME!!, I try to do 2 to 3 hours cardio a day.
    gives me a great high!
  • chad23jl
    chad23jl Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I was wore out, it was my first ever 1/2.
  • missomgitsica
    missomgitsica Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I walked 7 miles up a steep mountain road . . . it was for an event called Climb to Conquer Cancer here in Flagstaff, AZ. It was a pretty amazing experience, and I burned a little over 900 calories in about 2.5 hours. Not something I can do every day but I can't wait to do it again next year!