How to remove the temptation of chocolate...

Options
2»

Replies

• readytocommit114
    Options
    I ate 12 squares of chocolate yesterday....green and blacks burnt toffee is yummy
    ETA: I felt like I could since I did 2 hours of climbing
  • rmashman
    rmashman Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Add some Whey Protein to your diet. I added the Double Chocolate version and it helps out a lot. Dark Chocolate works as well, but with the Whey Protein your adding much needed Proteins to your diet as well!

http://www.optimumnutrition.com/products/100-whey-gold-standard-c-3.html
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    I agree with all previous advice! Check out this blog too. I do a lot of these recipes to get some dessert varieties. Granted, these are if I'm feeling ambitious. I always keep some yummy dark chocolate chips handy!

http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/
  • oreogirl168
    oreogirl168 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    what? i was leaning more towards gloomy or extreme...not quite death
  • Alpina483
    Alpina483 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Like already said (repeatedly), a square or two of really dark chocolate (70% cocoa and up) can always be fitted in.
    If that is not enough, a homemade shake of cottage cheese, some fruit and a teaspoon of cocoa powder really helps. A lot.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    I just eat it, and then it's not there anymore to taunt me with its delicious ways. #sorrynothelping
  • Nikoruo
    Nikoruo Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    When i want chocolate i eat it. Usually dark chocolate.
    You can eat anything as long as you calculate it in your calories.
  • tarabole
    tarabole Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    you can lose weight and have a small piece everyday, or you can do what I do which is buy 2 high quality truffles a couple times a month. I find low quality chocolate doesn't satisfy the craving as much as something of a higher grade.. maybe it's due to sugar content?
  • joyincincy
    joyincincy Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Start making healthy, within your calories chocolate treats. When I say healthy, I mean that honey is the type of sweetener you are using for your dessert. Reason? Low glycemic. Google chocolate mug cakes and any other whole food based chocolate treats. No need to give up chocolate - that would be a horrible way to live!
  • fragilegift
    fragilegift Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    you can lose weight and have a small piece everyday, or you can do what I do which is buy 2 high quality truffles a couple times a month. I find low quality chocolate doesn't satisfy the craving as much as something of a higher grade.. maybe it's due to sugar content?

I'm the other way. Low quality seems to deter me more than high - again, probably the sugar content. I can have a proper 'serve' (weighed) of low quality chocolate and leave it at that. But a serve of decent chocolate...and I start making excuses as to why I *can* eat the rest. I have low quality mini easter eggs (from Easter!) still. The better stuff went before the end of April.